Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Contract Specialist II-US
Monday to Friday - 8am to 5pm with one hour lunch (40 hrs per week)
To ensure the effective and compliant operation of the IT Commercial function through the support of the contract and commercial management of IT contracts, both managed service and individual supplier agreements across the Global IT organisation.
Support the contract management of contracts, both managed service and individual supplier agreements across the Global IT organisation ensuring that value for money is delivered from the vendors within the IT supplier landscape.
To provide contract management and commercial support to the IT Commercial team. Key accountabilities include assisting to implement and operate processes for the following:
• Contract mobilisation
• Contract administration eg. Central repository management
• Contract change management
• Contract dispute management
• Contract obligations analysis and tracking (extended supplier performance)
• Contract demobilisation eg. Demand Management support for sourcing decisions for programmes
Resource will need to understand and have experience of the contract management lifecycle and underlying processes and tools to ensure contract compliance and value creation/loss reduction.
Preferably the individual will also have experience of outsourcing contracts and knowledge of the IT outsourcing industry and suppliers and overall vendor management.
The role may also require individuals to support the internal IT spend 'intake' process for managing future IT demand.
Qualifications and experience required:
• Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Experience of managing and providing business support and departmental governance in a complex business function.
• Relevant industry certification (e.g. MCIPS, IACCM) desirable
• Strong background in Contract Management
• Legal background and knowledge of contracting terms & conditions, strongly preferred
• Written Communication – Contract Specialist is responsible for maintaining main contract documents. Individual is required to process large amounts of information and write clear and concise project agreement documents that convey the company's policy and the scope of the project.
• Stakeholder Management – Contract Specialist will be expected to maintain a relationship with all company & supplier stakeholders. Individual should expect to check in with all stakeholders and periodically meet face to face with key players.
• Negotiations – Contract Specialist, along with Procurement, will contribute to the negotiation on the contracts process. Proven experience negotiating contracts is a plus
• Problem Solver – the large portion of the Contract Specialist's time will be solving problems. Contract Specialist is required to perform analysis and make a recommendation and gain buy-in.
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy is a must
• Proficiency – Microsoft Office applications – more advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills are a plus, Outlook
• Ability to work within a matrix environment and function as a team member to accomplish the Department's goals
• Effective communications skills and a Good Listener
• Team participation – willing to step in and help others
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.