Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Rotating day/night 8 hours
This position has the knowledge and demonstrates ability to operate state of the art mixers, pumping equipment, hi-speed mixers, and tinting equipment in the production area. Follow process orders from beginning to end and record all pertinent information. Individual will add materials at specified quantities and times, observe temperatures and or mixtures and chemical reactions, record necessary batch information, and take, conduct and record samples at designated times to ensure timely, consistent, quality batches. Once quality controlled and approved, Operator will package finished material in appropriate packaging.
Knowledge and Experience
• Must be able to read, understand and communicate in English to operate machines and interface with PLC control screens, read and complete process orders, complete safety tests.
• Must be able to solve simple math problems, +, -, x, /, to accurately record chemical additions, lot numbers, record scale readings.
• Must have mechanical ability to operate automated packaging equipment.
• Must be able to work with chemicals and machinery safely.
• Must have strength and flexibility to bend, push, pull, lift, and climb.
• Must be able to work without constant supervision.
• Must be able to think ahead and prepare for upcoming batches.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Accurately and neatly record data and follow batching process orders. Giving them to the shift leader in a timely manner to ensure inventory accuracy.
• Efficiently operate PLCs, recipe system, and equipment, adding raw materials at designated times and observing operating temperatures ensuring timely completion of quality batches per production schedule. Minimize and rework scrap material.
• Trouble shoot equipment and process difficulties, taking corrective action to prevent the loss of material or production time. Communicate with other batch operators and maintenance personnel when difficulties arise.
• Operator will take corrective actions when nonconformance occurs.
• Maintain housekeeping at excellent levels, keeping the mixers, floor, mixing deck and pigment pump area clean.
• Participate in cleaning pots in a timely manner following company procedures.
• Operate a forklift in a safe manner to eliminate inventory damage and accidents.
• Cross train and assist with packaging of finished goods when necessary.
• Wear necessary safety equipment and follow company established Environmental Health and Safety policies and procedures.
• Maintain good attendance record and report to assigned job station in a timely manner.
• Follow all appropriate Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) policies.
• Wears prescribed Personal Protective Equipment and ensures that prescribed safeguards are properly used.
• Notifies his/her supervisor before undertaking a work activity in which he/she is not adequately trained.
• Immediately reports unsafe acts or conditions to his/her supervisor and takes immediate interim steps to protect himself/herself and others from serious risk.
• Understands that Safety and Environmental responsibility is a major part of the client's Principles. Must report all unsafe conditions and accidents immediately to appropriate manager. Responsible for the safety of themselves and others.
• Must understand and follow all quality initiatives and processes, procedures and processes as they pertain to job responsibilities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.