Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Autonomous Maintenance Technician:
This is a combination of Maintenance Technician and Operator position and it will focus on line coverage in assigned area utilizing production and maintenance playbook processes and tools. Under the direction of production and maintenance supervision this position will be required to safely operate assigned equipment and maintain all line equipment to produce product right the first time. This person will mentor and coach line operators as needed on various maintenance and operational aspects to master their technical understanding of equipment and process controls.
The AMT should be the initiator of activities to ensure our customers are getting high quality products in an efficient manner and should facilitate use of team approach to seek Continuous Improvement and implement ideas. The AMT should be familiar with all equipment to the point that he/she can make adjustments and repairs during its operation. The AMT reinforces Safety, Quality and Teamwork as a business imperative.
• Must have performed work as a skilled Mechanic, have comparable experience and/or demonstrated Technical abilities
• Must be able to operate and maintain all equipment in assigned area
• Candidate must be able to train self/others on mechanical skills, mechanical repairs and overhauls, maintenance systems, computer skills; new technologies in preventive/predictive maintenance, and problem solving/troubleshooting
• Must be able to communicate and interact to coach team members on basic tasks in a professional manner
• All other duties as assigned in order to support efficient plant operations
• Journeyman card holder preferred
• Setup, Start-Up, Adjust and Operation of Equipment; Proper Shutdown and Changeover as required by company standards
• Perform start of shift walk through and equipment checks and complete relevant line start-up checksheet
• Coordinate with operators to keep line running through breaks including operating equipment as needed
• Troubleshoot mechanical and basic electrical concerns of the equipment, maintain and improve integrity and performance of all focus line/s equipment, and complete scheduled work orders
• Communicate and coordinate with Maintenance and Production Leadership any maintenance activities required on assigned equipment to ensure optimum line efficiency and product quality
• Utilizing Maintenance Windows; perform preventive maintenance inspections and corrective work orders on all focus line equipment as assigned by the Maintenance Department to prevent mechanical and/or electrical breakdowns.
• Participate in the development and improvement of a documented 52-week maintenance plan as prescribed in the Playbook and residing in the SAP PM structure.
• Develop and implement improvements using the Breakdown Management process to prevent reoccurring equipment failures
• Utilize the SAP system to create notifications, perform and confirm completed work orders.
• Recommend and implement continuous improvement on equipment and system design through use of the team concept. Support project planning and execution
• Communicate with other AMTs on other shifts, as necessary, to ensure coordination of all maintenance efforts on assigned equipment and effectively operate as part of a team
• Support implementation of department ideas/suggestions
• Maintain a good working relationship with all employees on all shifts
• Conduct training for other associates in area of responsibility
• Conform to Food and Beverage Client's policy and procedures including, but not limited to: Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), Lock Out/Tag Out, HACCP check points, Food and Beverage Client Quality Standards, Fall Protection, Hot Work, OSHA Regulations, and all others
• Report and correct unsafe acts and conditions
• Work with team to Optimize Product/Material sequencing to minimize changeover time
• Maintain equipment plus sustain a sanitary and clean environment during all phases of Production and Maintenance.
• Reports to Production/Maintenance Management and continually interacts with all hourly and salaried maintenance/production personnel in a professional manner.
• Will maintain ownership of assigned line(s) equipment; may operate and adjust any packing equipment in the area; will react to machinery breakdowns and equipment problems in a proficient and positive manner and as directed by Operations/Maintenance Supervisors and/or designates.
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.