Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The client has a vacancy for an IT Automation and Monitoring Engineer.
The Scheduler will work in the Tech Support group and be responsible for the scheduling of batch processing in multiple environments and platforms. They will maintain the scheduling environments to ensure proper job execution handle new requests and troubleshoot problems. Their primary responsibility will be to ensure the production and non-production batch schedules run efficiently.
•The candidate will run batch job streams via the CA Workload Automation (d-series), and must understand and be able to verify job condition codes for validations. The candidate will interact with all support groups in problem determination and resolutions.
•Manages the timing and execution of ClearQuest tickets to ensure that they are carried out in a timely manner.
•Adjusts the schedule as needed for Technicians to focus on high-priority tasks.
•Works with the team to resolve schedule impacts.
•Identifies schedule impacts due to changes and proactively escalates to team.
•Produces indicators and reports to provide management a clear and accurate picture of the project status.
•Monitors and updates integrated event plans and schedules so that projects can be executed in the most efficient manner possible.
•Gets involved in event scheduling meetings and/or interactive planning meetings as required by the team or clients.
•Document all changes made to the master schedule that the Technicians in the Job Administration team can follow.
•The candidate will be expected to gain a deep understanding of the interaction between the IBM mainframe and the various AIX Servers (and the various intra system job relationships)
•Demonstrated ability to manage the design of using the CA Workload Automation / d-series tool
• Demonstrated ability to monitor the health of running of job flows (e.g., stalled flows or batch job condition codes) using the CA Workload Automation / d-series
•Ability to schedule and process adhoc requests in AIX and mainframe environments as requested – using the tools above
•Candidate should have in-depth knowledge of the IBM Mainframe, z/OS Processes, such as JCL; IBM UTILITIES; working knowledge of ISPF
•The candidate will be expected to have knowledge of the UNIX Shell scripting and debugging capabilities.
• Strong diagnostic and problem solving skills
• Ability to plan, manage and work independently with minimal direction
• Process Backups/Restores as required
• Strongly preferred - Experience with Advantage Financial applications
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to produce quality work under pressure.
• Related scheduling experience with a Windows-based scheduling system.
• Extensive experience escalating and documenting critical job failures and schedule problems.
• Extensive experience with hands-on work with executing and performing preliminary troubleshooting activities involving: scheduler, batch processes, and cycle flows.
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.