Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
6+ Month Contract Opportunity for a Sr. Java Developer with a Fortune 100 Telecom Company in Syracuse, NY
*MUST BE ABLE TO INTERVIEW ON-SITE*
*W2 ONLY, NO 3RD PARTIES OR C2C*
Develop and maintain high quality, efficient, adaptable and maintainable software modules to meet business and design requirements.
Work with the Business Analyst and other team members to create a rich, intuitive, robust user experience.
Work with the Business Analyst to define and resolve issues, and to define and verify business requirements.
Perform thorough unit and integration testing of new and modified components; define and execute system and regression test plans.
Investigate, correct and test fixes to software defects.
Create effective, detailed technical documentation.
Communication skills are critical, both written and verbal, especially including the ability to understand, to discuss and to balance difficult technical and business concepts. Effective interpersonal and time management skills are also important.
Also critical is the ability to learn and to apply new business and technical concepts quickly.
Candidate must be able to take functional and technical direction while contributing to the same. Candidate must be able to work independently while drawing from and contributing to a strong team setting.
Candidate must have strong testing skills and take ownership of his/her responsibility for accuracy, completeness, performance, data integrity and user experience.
Candidate must be able to work efficiently and accurately. Candidate must design software components that are efficient, maintainable and extensible, and with an eye towards overall product cohesiveness. Prior experience in software development for the public workforce system is a plus.
Experience with Responsive Design a plus; experience with ADA Sect. 508 accessibility compliance a plus
• Candidate must have exceptional technical skills, with the ability to conceptualize and effectively execute difficult technology concepts. Candidate must be comfortable not only using the technologies identified, but especially must be comfortable adapting, extending and/or modifying those technologies to meet project objectives.
• Apply strong Object-Oriented design and programming skills to develop and maintain effective and efficient front-end modules, while retaining cohesiveness within the existing system.
• Apply strong User Experience design and development skills to ensure that both the next generation resume builder function/workflow and its resulting resume documents are functional, correct, intuitive and attractive.
• Ability to work efficiently and accurately, balancing priorities and deadlines.
• Candidate must have significant, relevant and specific experience designing, developing and testing Java/JSF-based applications using the PrimeFaces or RichFaces component libraries.
• Candidate must have strong experience with building and consuming services via ESB technologies.
• Candidate must have experience with Apache web server, and application servers such as TomCat JBoss or similar J2EE Application servers
• Candidate must have strong experience with XML, xHTML, and web service technologies such as JSON and REST.
• Significant experience with user experience design, CSS and related technologies, including pre-processors such as Sass, is a strong plus. Candidate must have experience building mobile responsive systems.
• Experience with Git or similar source code repositories.
• Candidate must have strong SQL experience, preferably with Oracle.
• Experience with PHP, Python, .Net a plus BS/BA, preferably in software development, although consideration will be given to candidates with other degrees having relevant experience.
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.