Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Sandy Springs, GA
Designs enhancements to DBMS software, tools, facilities and databases to fulfill business needs. Applies technical knowledge to perform data analysis of business requirements for application development projects.
Evaluates and recommends tools for data analysis, logical and physical design and performance monitoring. Recommends upgrades and additions to existing procedures, standards, guidelines and practices to extend the viability of centralized, company-wide data architecture and enable the reuse of data across the enterprise.
Utilizes DBMS tools and utilities for database backup, recovery, reorganization, space monitoring, space calculations and integrity for new and existing databases. Monitors current DBMS performance and recommends DBMS or application changes where necessary to improve the DBMS environment.
Provides expertise in trouble-shooting problems and taking appropriate action to resolve and prevent future problems in a 24 x 7 operation. Participates in the Disaster/Recovery process. Designs and executes the recovery strategy.
Develops, maintains and enforces company-wide data standards and procedures in conjunction with the Data Administration team.
Engage in regular exchange with regional experts in similar function to learn, adopt and continuously improve.
• This is a midrange DB2 Database Administrator (DBA) role largely responsible for providing operational database services to the organization. Some of the primary responsibilities would include owning, tracking and resolving database incidents and requests, reviewing service related reports on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved, responding to database related alerts and working with both the AIX and LINUX systems groups to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
• The DBA role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframe.
Bachelor's Degree (accredited school)
Must have 5 + years (total) of experience in the following:
Administration - General Knowledge of administrative procedures, process/project development, and system procedures.
Business – General - General Knowledge of fundamental business practices and concepts that impact the success and profitability of the organization.
• DB2 in AIX and LINUX environments.
• Knowledge and experience with HADR and other products that are utilized in a 24 x 7 environment. While DB2 is the primary DBMS in use this individual must have knowledge and/or experience with ORACLE or SQL Server DBMS.
• Any knowledge of POSTGRE SQL is a plus.
• Must possess leadership and management skills, customer communication and negotiation skills.
• Must have a diverse and extensive technical background.
• Detailed experience with logical/physical data design techniques, client server applications, Data Warehouse techniques.
• Must be able to "juggle” many tasks simultaneously and possess the agility to shift focus in response to the daily issues that arise.
Must be able to work flexible hours/work schedule
Travel domestically and internationally
Work Holidays when required
Work weekends when required
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.