Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Global Financial Firm located in Chicago, IL has an immediate contract for an experienced
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following duties are generally representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
• Preparation of the Funds' shareholder reports and certain support work-papers by gathering and analyzing information from internal and external resources, which include:
o Portfolios of Investments ("POI”);
o Statements of Assets and Liabilities, Operations, Changes in Net Assets, Cash Flows, and Financial Highlights, Notes to Financial Statements and accompany tables/schedules (collectively, the "Financial Statements”);
o Certain performance and holdings data; and
o Recording GAAP adjustments and book-tax entries.
• Analyze Fund/POI activities and transactions to determine appropriate financial statement disclosures in accordance with GAAP. Prepare related financial statement disclosures and propose to the FRG – Seniors and FRG – Supervisors for review.
• Analyze, evaluate and incorporate financial statement comments provided by other participating parties for appropriateness and consistency. Ensure all GAAP adjustments are properly reflected in the Financial Statements.
• Interact with other departments including NAM Operations to obtain receipt of information to be included in SEC filings.
• Answer accounting and financial reporting questions raised by the FRG – Managers by independently researching and interpreting data.
• Prepare audit work papers and work directly with external auditors to answer audit inquiries, and provide additional documentation as needed to support the completion of annual audits.
• Support the FRG –Seniors and FRG - Supervisors in identifying process improvement opportunities.
• Other duties, as assigned.
• Perform ad hoc departmental projects.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree; Accounting or Finance preferred; and
• 0 to 2 years of relevant financial services industry accounting, administration and/or financial reporting experience preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail, self-motivated, and confident
• Ability to work both independently and as a team member
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to conform to established schedules and deadlines
• Flexibility to work additional hours during peak reporting periods
• Interest in financial services and investment company accounting
• Excellent attention to detail and problem solving skills
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
• Ability to organize and prioritize competing priorities to meet deadlines
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.