Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Instrumentation Electrical Engineer
Santa Ana, CA
4+ Month Contract
Provides technical expertise in the design, programming, installation, testing and modification of modules, systems, and equipment applying principles and techniques of electrical engineering. Designs, develops and assembles electrical or electrical-mechanical modules for system. Provides start-up of a variety of devices, and industrial control systems.
Adheres to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supports engineering by researching, designing, developing, and testing the electrical and electronic aspects of processing equipment according to established policies, procedures, government and compliance regulations, and customer requirements.
• Builds prototypes, and works with the lab to develop test fixtures.
• Creates and maintains design history files and associated documentation for assigned tasks.
• Troubleshoots malfunctions and other problems such as electrical component reliability and programming faults.
• Performs failure analysis, verification testing and generation of test reports for modules or subsystems.
• Adheres to established project schedules and priorities and design guidelines from regulatory agencies.
• Follows up and supports moderately complex electrical/electronic designs in research and development, manufacturing, and the field.
• Performs other work related duties as assigned.
III. Minimum education required for competent performance:
Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, science, or closely related discipline is desired, or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence, with a desired 2+ years of significant engineering and/or operational experience. A post-graduate education/degree is desired, and may contribute towards the desired
years of experience.
Minimum experience 2+ years and type of work experience beyond formal education) required for competent performance:
• Has demonstrated competency within a discipline.
• Possesses a strong technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
• Interacts well with diverse groups within engineering and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
• Listens to and understands others' points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully one's own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations.
• Works well with other engineers in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment.
• Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences.
• Has a technical background in health care, nutritional products, laboratory diagnostics, medical devices, pharmaceutical, or similar industries (preferred).
IV. Volume or unit measure of job duties: (List the volume of those duties which are repetitive in nature. For example, 75 customer phone calls per day, 20 boxes packed per day, etc.)
V. Equipment usage and abilities needed:
Knowledge of utilizing general test equipments such as, oscillatescope, multi-meters, logic analyzers, schematics capturing tools such as OrCAD, embedded development system such as NXP CodeWarrior (C compiler), Vivado VHDL development system for Xilinx FPGA or Zilinx Zynq
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.