Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Birmingham, AL (100% ONSITE)
Must work from the Birmingham, AL:
Under general direction, supports the sales team by assisting with pre and post sales activities on Security and building systems and project opportunities.
Pre-sales activities include, but are not limited to; system design, HVAC equipment and/or controls selection for basis of design as well as bidding, application and pricing. This role will receive direction, coaching and support from assigned account executives and sales leadership on pre-sale needs and expectations.
Post sales activities include equipment project execution that is profitable, accurate, on-time, within the scope of the contract and in alignment with customer expectations. Develops and provides detailed engineering information and submittals to communicate design, configuration, operating and installation requirements to customers, consultants, Client service and necessary subcontractors. Works with assigned sales team to maintain an effective balance between customer satisfaction and project financial results when performing pre-sale and/or post sale duties.
How you will do it
1. Provides technical support, selections and limited estimating support to Account Execs during project design or proposal phase. Assists as needed in developing the customer business case for the conceptual solution.
2. Supports detailed estimating of projects for Account Execs to finalize and present to clients. Validates assumptions made during proposal and development phase. Builds a detailed cost estimate and scope of work for assigned projects in conjunction with Sales. Assists in preparing proposals and other customer communication documents.
3. Prepares customer proposals and quote letters for assigned projects. Includes project takeoffs, specification review, special quote generation and RFQ and RFI issuance
4. Supports Account Execs' efforts to become basis of design through timely selections, specifications, sequences, drawings and review of documents as required.
5. Works with the COE Team - Program Mgr, Coordinators, other AEs, LCC for workload balancing to maintain deadlines.
6. Interprets engineering drawings and specifications in order to develop and provide engineered equipment submittals in compliance with; contract drawing, site coordination, and site installation requirements.
7. Follows standardized submittal generation guidelines for preparation and processing of equipment engineering submittals.
8. Designs system including placement of devices on drawings to create the best solution for the customer needs while facilitating dialogue between internal and external customer.
9. Verifies that Client has an "approved” equipment submittal and positive configuration acceptance by the installing contractor prior to releasing proposals.
10. Evaluates the contractual scope of supply and the impact of client-issued bulletins, field directives and/or scheduling changes. Coordinates project schedule with the customer to ensure timely release of equipment.
11. Works to maximize appropriate additional change orders. Performs associated cost estimates, prepares proposals and works with sales in negotiating final settlement price and customer acceptance resulting from scope of supply changes / change orders.
12. Coordinates with the internal customers to adhere to schedules/demands.
13. Generates technical Scopes of Work related to each project and or standards.
14. Effectively communicates project progress, issues and financial status to management as required.
15. As required, visits customer sites to ensure delivery and receipt of critical equipment is in compliance with the expectations of Client, the customer and the owner.
16. Ensures project documentation is compliant with contract requirements, Client standards and the formal Client equipment order execution process.
17. Periodically answers engineered equipment and controls application questions from potential customers and other sales channels.
18. Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with customers, consultants, prime contractors and subcontractors. Attends job progress meetings as required.
19. Coordinates customer-training requirements with local Client service.
What we look for
Bachelor's degree in Engineering. Computer skills experience to include: Microsoft Office suite, (with emphasis on Word, Excel) Basic Windows operating system environment. AutoCad experience is preferred. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Good organizational skills with attention to detail. Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with both internal and external customers. Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage a large and diverse number of projects with professionalism, cooperation, and persistence.
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.