Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Job Description: 4 days 1 week, 3 days the next. They will not exceed 160 hours.
Day Shift: 5 am-5 pm
NON-NEGOTIABLE: Candidate Must Have DeltaV, Syncade and BioTechnology Experience
PRINCIPAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION: The Digital Plant 1st Shift Engineer will be an integral part of the Digital Plant team within Client at Devens, MA. The role will serve as an individual contributor by providing Digital plant operational support to the manufacturing operations at Devens facility. This includes receiving support requests, providing resolutions in a timely manner with escalation as needed, and providing technical expertise to stake holders/ end users in the organization.
TITLE Digital Plant 1st Shift Engineer
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESONSI-BILITIES
• Support 24/7 manufacturing operations that includes need based shift coverage consisting day shifts and weekend coverages.
• Support the operation of all GMP/ Non GMP manufacturing systems (Process Automation Systems, Manufacturing Execution Systems, IT & Labs) in the Manufacturing facilities at Devens, MA.
• Provide Troubleshooting support and guidance of Digital Plant systems in support of manufacturing and/or Lab operations.
• Investigate the root cause of Digital Plant problems and propose solution to prevent recurrence.
• Support the configuration, testing and implementation of process control solutions to a variety of complex technical problems
• Ensure the documentation of the knowledge base on how to resolve issues encountered, thus facilitate the job for future activities
• Collaborate in investigations of proprietary automation software/hardware problems with vendors.
• Communicate proactively with supervisor and colleagues, highlighting issues and proposing solutions.
• Follow applicable standard operating procedures while working in validated systems.
• Be the site point of contact for Digital Plant planned/ unplanned outages and coordinate outage executions.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL • Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and technical experience.
• A minimum of two (2) years working experience with control systems or manufacturing systems Preferred Emerson DeltaV, Emerson Syncade, OSISoft PI, or Rockwell Logix
• Theoretical and applied knowledge of computerized systems and Systems Development Life Cycle.
• Working knowledge in computerized systems (Preferred Emerson DeltaV, Emerson Syncade, OSISoft PI, or Rockwell Logix).
• Understanding of expectations working in regulated industries such as Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Medical Device or Food-Beverage is a plus.
• Must demonstrate an ability to understand and apply software solutions.
• Must demonstrate an ability to troubleshoot complex problems on highly automated equipment.
• Must be able to successfully work independently and within teams.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
CONTACTS Work with all departments and with all levels of the organization, specifically Quality, Validation, Manufacturing Assistant Engineering, and Manufacturing Operations.
WORKING CONDITIONS Work within all Site Facilities, which requires one to give a high attention to detail and on occasion to properly use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). This is a shift (Day) position providing support of 24/7 manufacturing operations. Shifts will require weekend coverage on an alternating schedule.
Take action, final decision, recommend Exercise sound judgment in making decisions and recommendations within generally defined practices and policies and notify senior management when necessary.
Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals and processes to meet objectives. Work is reviewed by management to measure meeting of objectives and schedules.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED Individual contributor
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to these roles. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.