Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
3+ Month Contract Opportunity for a BMC Remedy IT Support Tech with a Fortune 100 Telecom Company in Greenwood Village, CO
**MUST BE ABLE TO INTERVIEW ON SITE**
**W2 ONLY - NO 3RD PARTIES OR C2C**
Engineer responsible for supporting and resolving customer facing application issues with BMC Action Request System and ITSM Suite of applications. Provide integrations with network tools. Position requires staffing of 40 scheduled hours per week to ensure coast-to-coast support, as well as overnight on-call support for the duration of one week (seven days) out of six to eight weeks (typically, low volume). Engineer is responsible for resolving workflow/transaction and troubleshooting errors across related backend systems. Position will require understanding of data flows in order to effectively escalate to other teams or departments as needed. This position is also responsible for monitoring system issues that may be causing chronic errors to identify widespread issues and means of prevention.
The position of Systems Engineer II requires an experienced individual with excellent technical and communication skills, a strong sense of responsibility, a motivated self-starter with strong ability to work independently and a demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a team member. The team member must be able to work under tight deadlines, and have strong problem-solving abilities with a service-oriented focus. The candidate will be required to successfully perform the following functions:
• Technical support and general troubleshooting of BMC Action Request System and associated ITSM applications, Oracle databases and more.
• Provide support for internally developed applications.
• Provide support to internal employees/teams, including NOC, Customer Care, Product Management and others.
• Familiarity with databases, particularly Oracle.
• Demonstrable understanding around specifying requirements for and/or implementation of system health tools, performance monitoring tools, and software management tools for 24x7 environments
• Familiarity with deployment methodologies and tools for application code
• Handle personally identifiable information (PII) and customer proprietary network information (CPNI) with good judgment and discretion.
• Communicate effectively with management.
• Function across multiple internal groups and departments.
• Overnight on-call shifts for one week out of six to eight weeks.
• General familiarity with Linux and Unix systems.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong collaboration skills.
• Familiarity with system monitoring, and day-to-day operations.
• Experience with systems and services designed to support multi-million customers is highly desired.
Related Work Experience
• 3 years of experience with BMC Action Request System
• 2 years of experience with BMC Remedy ITSM Suite of applications including Service Request
• 2 years of experience with any scripting language
• BMC Remedy Action Request certifications
• BMC Action Request System customized applications
• Experience with integrations with networking tools, i. e., NetCool, Resolve
• Experience with data analysis and reporting
• Experience with Perl, Java, shell scripting and other scripting languages
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
Travel may be required occasionally, with expenses paid for by the company.
No Supervisory responsibilities with this position.
The physical demands for this position are typical to an office environment and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.