Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Working with the platform architect to provide demonstration of solution functionality and capability to key business stakeholders (proofs of value).
Based on business demand work with key stakeholders to establish high-level requirements, benefit case and delivery costs estimates.
Investigation business situations, by identifying and evaluating options for processes & systems improvement and ensuring there is a robust business value proposition for change. In the context of the broader business change, define the supporting system and process requirements for development on information systems.
- Investigates work to determine business requirements and specify business processes, through improvements in information systems, information management, practices, procedures and organization change. Conducts investigations for strategy studies, business requirements and feasibility studies.
- Produce key analysis deliverables for project such as the investment proposal, business functional and non-functional requirements, high level options analysis and feasibility assessment.
- Investigate business situations to identify need / value proposition to be addressed.
- Challenge & Analyze Requirements – Validate business value, organize, specify and model the requirements to ensure they are complete and unambiguous.
- Specify, Validate and Verify Requirements – Document the requirements in a format that can be shared with stakeholders. Ensure the requirements map to the real business need, are approved by the relevant stakeholders.
- Understands business needs and requirements, interprets them into how they can best be configured within the ServiceNow platform. Ensuring requirements are documented and structured with the AGILE framework (Themes, Epics, Enhancements, Stories and Defects).
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Good Leadership skills and a proven record of ability to influence business or IS colleagues.
- Experience of undertaking roles in which analytical thinking is applied to produce business improvements within a challenging and complex environment
- Knowledge and experience of delivery change through the software delivery lifecycle.
- Experience of working in large complex organization and managing interfaces across multiple units with IS and the business.
- Knowledge of ServiceNow platform and experience defining ServiceNow change is essential.
- Knowledge and experience of the Agile delivery and working as part of Scrum team desirable
- Knowledge of ITSM and ITIL framework desirable.
- Knowledge and experience of utilizing LEAN methodology desirable
- Relevant business analysis qualification – e.g. working towards or has BCS ISEB Diploma in business analysis or similar qualification or experience that demonstrates analysis skills.
- DAVE – BCS is probably not applicable in the US – would need to identify a US equivalent maybe Shibu can advise
- Takes ownership for delivery of analysis deliverables for medium and some large sized projects
- No direct reports
- Business Users
- IS Business Consultants
- Solution Architects
- Project Manager
- Demand manager
- Agile development team
- Scrum master
- Partner resources
- IS Procurement, IS Finance, IS Service Delivery
Core Business Skills:
- Commercial Awareness - Consistently takes into consideration commercial implications of actions when making decisions or setting objectives for self or others.
- Leadership & Team Working - Strongly demonstrates team working through sharing the workload to ensure the team meets its objectives. Keeps the team informed and up to date with relevant information and consistently is encouraging continuous improvement.
- Customer Focus - Shows depth of approach in communication with customers. Developing relationships with customers to address underlying needs and identify areas for improvement.
- Drive and Initiative - Without supervision will apply extra effort to meet the team's objectives and deadlines. Demonstrates a strong determination to achieve business goals despite opposition.
- Business Analysis Techniques - Familiar with a broad range of modelling techniques. Works independently. Frequently provides advice/support to colleagues on areas of knowledge. Has proved competent to work on a few larger scale or more complex projects. Shows a desire to improve techniques and methods employed. Frequently demonstrates sound understanding of the key purpose of analysis activity. Can effectively analyze given information, identifying relevant relationships and resolving given business problems. Can independently pick up new analysis tools and techniques quickly. Analysis deliverables benefit from peer review but do not require significant rework. Frequently demonstrates a sound understanding of the key objectives and strategies of the majority of business functions within the organization
- Information Capture - Demonstrates a sound knowledge of the appropriate information capture techniques appropriate for any situation. Works independently on information capture activities. Able to supervise others on the selection and use of appropriate techniques. Identifies the needs of different classes of stakeholders and knows how those needs would be catered for in the management of interviews, workshops, materials, etc. for such stakeholders.
- Communication Skills - Under minor supervision, conducts stakeholder analysis to understand communication preferences and certain characteristics. Occasionally applies analysis without supervision. Without supervision, regularly selects the most appropriate communication method based on goals and characteristics of the audience. Adapts templates to complete documents appropriate for the audience, with limited repetition of information.
- Business Process Improvement Skills - Analyses information gathered about current business processes and business aims to identify improvements at a project level, including balancing end-business aims with IS business aims. Is aware of wider issues including cultural, organizational and business constraints affecting options for change. Identifies potential alternative processes to achieve business aims. Helps assess the risks, costs, potential benefits and feasibility of the potential approaches. Facilitates cost estimation by obtaining information and costs from potential suppliers and from experience of previous projects. Prepares business cases for the recommended approach for medium sized projects.
- Project Management - Demonstrates the ability to produce plans to support the definition of schemes of some complexity. Regularly supports project control techniques, sometimes unsupervised. Identifies and manages risks associated to the project including mitigating actions and running risk workshops.
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.