Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Job Title: Windows Desktop Operations Specialist
The Windows Operations Desktop Team is dedicated to supporting the firm's global plant of 180,000+ Windows desktops, laptops and virtual PCs. We provide service and support to internal teams and senior VIP clients on Windows Platform and desktop application-related issues as well as closely cooperate with the Engineering, IT Security, Service Desk, Desk Side Support teams and third party vendors to handle escalations, provide documentation, resolve complex technical issues and implement new products across the plant.Our services include incident, problem, change and drift management and we are responsible for the health of the PCs. We distribute the core Windows build, manage security patches, support the software distribution platform, maintain PC configuration settings and provide reporting on the Windows environment. We develop scripts and other forms of automation to solve problems within the enterprise desktop computing space. This includes creating and maintaining our own monitoring and reporting tools. We provide global coverage for incidents 24/7 in a follow-the-sun model - you will cover for escalations on one weekend every few months.We are divided into 3 work streams - the position is for Configuration Mgmt and Infrastructure Services while the other streams are Application& Core Services and Performance Management. You will provide operational support for the configuration management products and systems that are employed with the team. This will include continuous management of infrastructure lifecycle including upgrades, planned downtime and performance tuning of these systems. You will Maintain infrastructure lifecycle of all configuration management and software delivery tools: Axon, Appsense, Bigfix, iBuild, DCM, WCM, SCCM, Computrace, AMT, SDM, MyApps/MyInstaller & SSS.
Your primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
* Supporting the software distribution and management processes, including packaging of applications and troubleshooting of software installation issues
* Creating, integrating and deploying new policies across users and desktops
* Developing /maintaining software packaging standards
* Testing new and changed components being introduced into the environment
* Participating in the engineering and deployment of global products
* Automation through scripting as necessary to efficiently address problems within our space
* Performing change management duties, including creation, execution and validation of production changes
* Deploying and managing security patches
* Provide L3 support for Myworkspace issues and other software delivery issues.
* Cooperating with reporting team to provide source data for various reporting needs
* Experience supporting Windows PCs preferably at level 3 in a demanding, large networked global enterprise environment with at least 500 PCs
* Experience in at least one of: SCCM / Desktop Build Systems/OS installation tools/Appsense/Bigfix or similar configuration tools.
* Proficiency in creating documentation for end users and support personnel
* Experience in troubleshooting
* Splunk or similar performance tools
* Kernel debugging
* Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST)
* ITIL-based service management
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.