Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
6+ month contract opportunity for a .NET Developer with a global financial firm in Denver, CO
• Participate in the design, development, and implementation of mission critical desktop and web applications
**NO THIRD PARTIES OR C2C - W2 ONLY**
**MUST BE ABLE TO INTERVIEW IN PERSON**
We have an exceptional opportunity for the right individual. Our projects involve developing brokerage functions used by back office processing and client servicing associates supporting our Retail and Institutional business units. This position entails the following responsibilities:
• Under supervision from a technical lead, conduct the analysis, design and development of software in a .Net environment.
• Serve as a developer contributing to the overall success of projects as they move through the different phases of the project life cycle.
• Work with our immediate team as well as our partners in both the systems and business groups.
• Be able to articulate technical designs, help define strategies and work closely with fellow developers, both onshore and offshore.
• Be responsible for all phases of the Development Life Cycle by defining and implementing system solutions that address business requirements.
RESPONSIBILITIES• Application development in the .Net environment
• Capable of completing hands on development of complex components of applications.
• Self starter that can complete complex tasks with minimal direction.
• Evaluates software development processes to incrementally improve quality and reduce time to market.
• Good team player that can interact with technology specialists, technology owners, project managers and system analysts.
• Works with project manager to ensure that assigned work is completed efficiently, meets business requirements, stays within scope, and is delivered on time.
• Participates in requirements gathering and scope estimation meetings.
• Actively participates in resolving technical roadblocks involving multiple technologies.
• Recommends appropriate tools and technologies in conformance to internal standards and suitability to task.
• Participates in reviews of unit and system test cases
• Responsible for writing Technical Systems Design (TSD) document and reviewing all project artifacts including requirements (SRA), functional specifications (SDS), process narratives, and coding standards.
• Performing functional analysis, technical analysis, coding and unit testing for moderate-sized financial services applications.
• Participating in functional/technical group discussions with analysts and developers under minimal supervision
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science (preferred).
REQUIRED SKILLS (in order of importance):
• 3+ years of experience
• .NET Web Services
• MVC Design Pattern
• SQL and relational databases
• Visual Studio 2015
• Click Once
• Enterprise Library
• TDD and Unit Testing
• WCF - Windows Communication Foundation
• Agile Development
• Infragistics WPF controls
• Visual Studio Profiler
• Unix / Linux (nice to have)
• Unix Shell Scripting (nice to have)
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.