Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
The primary roles of the FMS Test Automation Engineer are to develop and execute reusable automated test scripts for the functional testing of various work streams, applications, or builds that comprise the City's Web-based Financial Management System (FMS). Functional testing encompasses integration, system, regression, and user acceptance testing of the application configuration, application, interface and integration programs, and batch/reporting jobs.
During development and implementation of a specific work stream/application/build, the Automation Engineer will perform the following tasks for a specific set of functionality:
1) analyze requirements, functional designs, technical specifications, and other project artifacts to understand the functionality;
2) develop automated test scripts per the functional requirements and/or existing manual test cases;
3) execute automated test scripts and retests as required; and
4) document and report test results using the City's test tool set including documenting and reporting defects.
The FMS Test Automation Engineer will work with the FMS Functional Test Leads to develop automated test scripts for a specific set of functionality for an assigned work stream/application/build. In this capacity, the Automation Engineer will interact with different City and Vendor staff assigned to the FMS/3 Project including business analysts, application architects, developers, configuration management and production support staff.
Under the direct supervision of an assigned FMS Functional Test Lead and per FMS/Project testing standards and guidelines, the FMS Test Automation Engineer will perform the following tasks:
▪ Work as individual to develop reusable test automation framework
▪ Develop and deploy reusable and precise test specification cases, processes, and standards
• Develop and execute automated test scripts, maintenance routines, investigate and assist in problem analysis, as well as the resolution of delivered software components
▪ Define variables to be used for the automated test scripts and develop custom function scripts
▪ Achieve all test development and execution milestones set by Test Lead for assigned set of functionality;
▪ If the application is still in the design phase, work closely with the business analysts to document testable user requirements;
▪ Attend walkthroughs with functional and technical SMEs to better understand the functional and technical requirements and designs;
▪ Identify opportunities for test automation of existing manual application/functional regression test suites;
• Document pre-conditions required to setup and run the automated test scripts;
▪ Identify test coverage and maintain the Requirements Traceability Matrix using Client ALM;
▪ Determine the appropriate data and system set-up requirements for automated test execution;
▪ Design back-end queries for data set-up and verification (DB2 on the mainframe side and Oracle on the Web- side);
• Re-execute automated test scripts after new build and/or release software deliveries to identify potential defects;
▪ Work with technical staff to execute and troubleshoot job flows for functional testing of batch/reporting jobs;
▪ Document and report on test results in Client ALM;
▪ Document and report software defects using IBM Rational ClearQuest.
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles.
▪ Hands-on in-depth knowledge of software quality assurance/testing methodologies and practices.
▪ Hands-on in-depth knowledge of Client ALM/Quality Center, and Unified Functional Tester (12.0 and higher version preferred)
▪ Hands-on in-depth knowledge of object oriented programming (VB Scripting)
▪ Strong understanding of financial management concepts (accounting and budgeting).
• Proficiency running back-end/database queries for data set-up and verification.
▪ Proficiency running batch/jobs (MF using JCL and for UNIX using UNIX scripts).
▪ Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team.
▪ Self-motivation and ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to plan and manage time based on schedules.
▪ Problem solving skills.
▪ Flexibility to work overtime or weekends in order to meet target dates.
• Extensive years writing test plans, outlines, and detailed test cases for accounting and/or budget ERP Systems (i.e., based on requirements and/or design documents).
• Extensive years hands-on testing of accounting and/or budget ERP Systems (integration, interface, system, regression, and user acceptance testing).
▪ Extensive years hands-on testing of complex applications in Mainframe and Web-based environments (e.g., interfaces/ETL's, integration code, middleware, etc.).
• Extensive years hands-on testing with industry-standard automated functional test (Client ALM/Quality Center, and Unified Functional Testing tools using complex VB Scripting - Version 12.0 and up preferred) and defect tracking tools (IBM's Rational tools preferred).
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.