Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: Archive Infrastructure Operations Support Specialist
Brokerage is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Brokerage can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Enterprise Infrastructure (EI) is that global technology group that delivers the software and hardware technology solutions that make our businesses run. The team manages the production, operations, and engineering of our data centers, voice and data networking solutions, wireless technologies, server and database operations, desktops, servers and mainframes.
EUC Content Management and Archiving Operations is looking for a motivated individual to join our core Level 3 Operations team who is interested in supporting diverse and cutting-edge software applications for the enterprise. This is a challenging position that combines Linux, network, storage and application skills with the ability to write scripts and triage complex service issues.
Your primary responsibility is to keep the IBM Content Management OnDemand Infrastructures, and an in-house developed Electronic Records Archive (multiple instances in several environments, with over 2 PBs of data) running at peak efficiency/uptime via automation scripting, monitoring, maintenance and incident management. In addition to those products, there are potential future support responsibilities as the team grows and expands. You will be empowered to directly resolve problems, but will also be expected to effectively communicate complex issues to management, vendors, business units, and internal engineering teams. The candidate will join a high-energy company and team of very dedicated individuals in the financial services industry.
Required technical skills:
• 5+ years' experience in proving IT production 7x24 support of the Redhat Linux Operating System, SAN storage, and Unix administration to support upgrades and projects, including the development/enhancement of existing/new operational scripts used to manage/monitor Archive components
• 3+ years' experience programming with SQL, Regular Expressions, XML, BASH, KSH, Perl and Python
• 3+ years' experience with at least one major DBMS product (DB2, MSSQL, Oracle, etc)
• 3+ years' experience creating detailed technical documents
• 3+ years' experience resolving/managing user tickets and escalations in accordance with ITIL principles of Problem management
Desired technical Skills:
• Experience working with and managing software in a large distributed environment per ITIL and SDLC standards, particularly with big data archives
• Conducts themselves in a professional manner
• Proficient communications skills, both verbal and written (English is a must)
• Team player
• Uses initiative
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work on-call
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.