Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Global financial firm located in New York, NY has an immediate contract opportunity for a Global Technology Business Manager.
*3+ month contract*
Technology works as a strategic partner with Brokerage business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Brokerage's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Brokerage's Technology Division Management team seeks a business manager to support a broad range of responsibilities including financial, resource, portfolio and risk management and invoicing procurement. Technology Division Management is a Technology-wide organization supporting the office of the Technology COO, Workforce Strategy, Governance, Talent Development, Strategy & Communications, and EMEA, Montreal and Asia COO groups. The role will interact regularly with senior Technology leaders, divisional senior business managers, Finance, Human Resources, Sourcing, Legal, and Corporate Services.
The role will be responsible for proactively managing day-to-day operational processes for the TDM division, with a focus on cost savings and improving cost transparency. The ideal candidate will be an innovator, identifying and capitalizing on efficiency opportunities. A natural ability to convene the right stakeholders, drive meaningful discussions, and define ownership is essential. The role requires a strong understanding of financials, excellent communication skills, and a strategic and analytical mindset.
• Financial management of organization; including budget & forecast process, stakeholder communications, tool process oversight (Technology Funding Request, allocations, accruals) and monthly reporting
• Workforce management and oversight focused on steering the division's global strategy by leveraging and managing supply planning, job req creation, onboarding, staffing, transfers, extensions, disengagements, headcount tracking, time entry compliance tracking and headcount analysis and reporting
• Monthly financial reviews with senior stakeholders, with a focus on meaningful metrics, analysis and synthesis of problems and opportunities and ability to proactively drive resolutions
• Risk oversight focused on tool and access approvals, business continuity planning, and mandatory training compliance
• Front to back oversight of payment process including contract review, risk assessments, milestone tracking and invoice procurement
• Special Projects and Ad Hoc Requests
• 3 to 7 years of professional experience in financial services
• Strong Data Analytics and financial knowledge
• Confident, proactive, and independent self-starter
• Interpersonal skills to be able to interact at all levels and across global teams
• Effective organizational, communication and time management skills
• Strong interest and capabilities in issue investigation and problem solving
• Flexibility in tasks and responsibilities
Organization: Technology Division Management
Primary Location: New York
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.