Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Incoming Inspection Technician
10+ Month Contract
1st Shift: 7am-3:30pm M-F with Saturday rotation; probably work one Saturday per month
• Candidates should have either Dimensional inspection experience or experience as a CNC Machinist/Operator. Must have experience in a manufacturing role. Candidates should be able to read blue prints with at least a basic level of understanding (preference for advanced level)
• Associate's degree is preferred but not required. The only hard requirement is manufacturing experience in quality role or CNC operator background.
• They will have opportunity for advancement depending on skillset and potentially permanent hire with Client down the line
• Duties will include but are not limited to: line inspection of piece parts (not finished goods), incoming inspection quality, using manufacturing design drawings, Incoming goods receipt inspection – verifying that the product meets design qualifications, writing cost of quality reports
• Work environment is a climate controlled warehouse. They may need to go to the outdoor storage areas once in a while but 85% - 90% of work is performed indoors
• Team structure – Would work under the Lead inspector and Senior inspector and alongside two line inspectors. Work closely with engineering, purchasing, sourcing, inventory departments.
• The Incoming Inspection technician will be responsible for verifying the quality of supplied goods and services which are used in the manufacture of high-voltage switchgear. This person may act as liaison between the Supplier and other organizational departments with regard to problem resolution involving supplied goods. The Incoming Inspection technician may also provide limited technical support to the manufacturing department or assist in troubleshooting under the direction of more senior technical personnel.
• Inspects supplied parts used in the manufacture of high-voltage switchgear (including fabricated or mechanical parts, equipment and/or assemblies of a complex nature) using inspection tools such as calipers, micrometers, depth gauges, hardness testers and various go/no-go gauges. Performs off-site inspection as needed.
• Evaluates supplied parts against known standards (such as engineering drawings and applicable technical specifications) and dispositions accordingly. Must be able to interpret mechanical drawings, electrical drawings and schematics.
• Uses the Company's electronic document control system to access necessary technical drawings, specifications, and or procedures.
• Uses the Company's electronic non-conformance tracking system to document non-conformances. Documents all non-conformances relative to supplied material (i.e. supplier non-conformance, engineering error, internal damage, obsolete part, etc.).
• Utilizes the Company's electronic engineering action request system to initiate necessary drawing and or design changes resulting from the incoming inspection process.
• Analyzes data (involving supplied materials) obtained from the Company's electronic non-conformance tracking system as directed by the Supplier Quality Manager for purposes of improvement.
• Ensures that necessary records are received from the Supplier. Reviews records for accuracy and files documentation accordingly.
• Supports the Purchasing department and communicates with the Supplier regarding nonconforming material. Follows-up on corrective action to ensure continuous improvement.
• Prepares and maintains routine inspection documentation.
• Performs first article inspection on new and/or prototype parts and documents according to established procedures. Confers with technical personnel as necessary.
• Assists the Supplier Quality Manager in improvement projects as assigned.
• Performs other duties as necessary or assigned.
• Associates Degree in Technical Field and one or more years' experience as a dimensional inspector.
• Must have the ability to read and interpret mechanical part drawings, operating procedures write reports, speak effectively, and use hand inspection instruments such as calipers, micrometers, depth gauges, hardness testers and various go/no-go gauges
• Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions in order to detect and resolve problems that relate to procedures and processes.
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.