Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Long Term Contract
Big Data Hadoop in Boston or Durham NC
No Corp. to Corp. or 3rd party
Must provide 2 professional references.
Interview Process is 1 hr Phone and then either Video or Onsite (depending where candidate is located) this will be about 3 hrs
Client is moving towards Big-Data and Cloud technologies. They will build in-house infrastructure CRM to use for predicting client behavior to offer client service.
• 5 years of total IT experience and minimum of 2 years in Big Data and Hadoop
• Great hands on with SQL and Linux
• Ability to write codes in Python and Shell Scripting.
• Some knowledge in Architect and design Big Data components
Engineer will be reporting to VP of Big Data Architecture to help anchor an exciting and fast-paced engineering team focused on designing and implementing large-scale distributed data processing systems using cutting edge cloud based open source and proprietary big data technologies. In this role, you will implement a variety of solutions to ingest data into, process data within, and expose data from a Data Lake that enables our data analysts and scientists to explore data in the ad-hoc manner as well as quickly implement data-driven models that generate accurate insights in an automated fashion. This position is a critical element to delivering client's promise of creating the best customer experiences in financial services.
Each team member has a technical leadership opportunity in the field of their competency; as a principal engineer you'll be leading multiple initiatives by means of designing architecture, defining best practices and evangelizing initiatives across this and other teams. Many of these initiatives are just starting allowing you the opportunity to drive and affect the foundational development work for years ahead. We take pride in supporting our production systems and every customer issue is significant for us. We make decisions on whether to maintain the legacy code, or rewrite it, but we never whine about it. We conduct team-wide brainstorming and design reviews in which every voice counts and every opinion is challenged. In our environment ideas compete, but people collaborate. Every team member is proud of the solution that the whole team delivers and feels responsible for the team's goals. The manager provides frequent feedback to team members, and so do they for the manager. We invest in a broad range of technologies and experiment before delivering a production system. As a principal engineer, you'll help lead our technology research, evaluation and PoC efforts, mentor and guide less senior members of our team.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in a technology related field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) required.
• 5+ years of hands-on experience applying principles, best practices and trade-offs of schema design to various types of database systems: relational (Oracle, MSSQL, Postgres, MySQL), NoSQL (HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB) and in-memory (e.g. VoltDB). Understanding data manipulation principles.
• 7+ years of hands-on experience in Object Oriented Programming (Java, Scala, Python) including the ability to code in more than one programming language. Our engineers work across several of them, sometimes simultaneously.
• 7+ years of hands-on experience in building distributed back-end enterprise software platforms.
• 5+ years of working in Linux environment, ability to interface with the OS using system tools, scripting languages, integration frameworks, etc.
• 2+ years of hands-on experience in implementing batch and real-time Big Data integration frameworks and/or applications, in private or public cloud, preferably AWS, using various technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Impala, etc); debugging, identifying performance bottlenecks and fine-tuning those frameworks.
• 2+ years of experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (Maven, Jenkins, Stash, Ansible, Docker).
• Experience and comfort executing projects in Agile environments (Kanban and Scrum).
Skills And Knowledge
• You paid attention in those Algorithms and Data Structures classes and mastered your learning on the job. We build systems that operate at thousands of transactions/second on an array of platforms. If you cannot discern between linear vs exponential time complexity, our customers will suffer.
• You love building things, visualizing the design and figuring out the most economical ways of implementing those in code.
• You enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment. You enjoy working on a good idea, no matter whether it's yours or someone else's. You passionately share your ideas and love it when other team members criticize and get involved with them, but you can give those up if the team de-prioritizes them. We work within close confines of our designers, product owners, operations in a collaborative open space environment. Cube-dwellers might find it hard to sustain-don't be one.
• You have a passion and intellectual curiosity to learn new technologies and business areas. You enjoy researching technologies and figuring out which ones work best for us. You love prototyping and experimenting. You find it OK when your project occasionally fails, and you learn from that failure.
The Value You Deliver
• Working with our global team and providing technical direction in building solutions.
• Designing, building, tuning and supporting robust, secure, mission critical applications that provide the best customer experience.
• Suggesting and improving designs of systems supported by the team, by proposing your own ideas, openly expressing disagreements with ideas that look wrong, but accepting team's judgement, once it's been made and executing on team's decisions.
• Promoting engineering simplicity and automation.
• Exploring and leveraging new technology trends.
• Resolving technical roadblocks to the team and mitigating potential risks.
• Making decisions, which are executed within the team, but benefit the company as a whole, in both short and long term.
• Mentoring team members and bringing them up to speed on latest Big Data technologies; promoting continuous learning.
At client, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates.
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.