Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
IT Project Manager
12 Month Contract
W2 only, NO corp to corp or 1099
This role will lead a Software Development Team to deliver new releases of key software.
The role will:
• Perform hands-on project work, including analysis, design, process engineering, and change management, as needed.
• Coordinate with Senior Leadership, Sales teams and delivery team to develop project schedule(s) to establish, monitor, manage and report key milestones and deliverables.
• Support the triage and resolution of critical project issues and scope changes.
Oversees various software development projects of a highly complex nature.
Develops schedules to ensure timely completion of projects, and ensures that projects meet budget goals and deadlines.
Responsible for identifying necessary resources, assigning individual responsibilities, and monitoring the work of team members.
Proactively monitors and reports on project progress, identifies and mitigates risks and issues, and evaluates results with key stakeholders.
Provides leadership to subordinate personnel and coordinates personnel activities.
Deficiencies in these responsibilities will result in errors that may cause significant disruption to operations or major costs.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple cross-functional teams
- Project management skills such as: planning, scheduling, coaching, scope management, issue management, resource management, and budgeting are necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of software tools such as the IT Project/Work database, JIRA, MS Office, MS Project and SAP
- Must be a self-starter that is capable of rapidly learning and managing work
- Other computer-related experience desired.
More specifically, this role requires:
• Excellent communication and partnership skills, essential when interacting and communicating with key stakeholders and customers at all levels across the department to manage, inform and influence outcomes
• Experience in conducting design meetings and developing Level of Effort estimates based on requirements.
• Ability to assess user requirements, identify omissions and gaps, and design optimal solution.
• Creative thinking and seeking innovative solutions to complex technical/business problems.
• Proactive management of scope, schedules, and resources to identify and mitigate risks and issues early in the development lifecycle
• Ability to define, implement, and track success of process improvements to ensure teams are operating efficiently and effectively
• Accurate reporting of progress towards project, organization, and team goals
5 + Years of Project Management experience
2 + Years of Agile Coaching
At least 7 Years of Project Management experience
At least 5 Years of Agile Coaching
PMP, Lean, Agile, Scrum
Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
Excellent problem solving and influencing skills
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.