Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Lead, coach & develop professional sales staff in new group sales in order to achieve membership & margin targets, continually improve performance & translate key initiatives into action. Conduct day to day Mgmt of sales team for assigned market segment. Achieve commercial new group membership enrollment forecast for assigned segment. Monitor daily performance & workflow of sales staff to deliver on expectations for quota achievement, sales pipeline development. Manage & enhance relationships w/brokers/consultants. Create new sales distribution channels & manage & enhance existing sales channels.
• Manages the efforts of direct & indirect reports,& collaborates w/provides guidance to, & influences employees, clients & matrix partners.
• Responsible for selecting, developing,& deploying staff in the most effective manner to meet assigned objectives.
• Responsible for performance Mgmt, compensation decisions, rewarding & recognizing employees,& providing on-going, regular performance feedback.
• Evaluates & provide substantial performance review input on all staff in the office.
• Effectively leverages KP's Mrg Coaching Program to support team development & sales excellence.
• Build on the use of competency based hiring practices & implement new sales executive training program.
• Formulates highly complex, effective plans consistent w/the business & competitive strategy of the organization &/or functional area. Such plans will include special broker incentives, product enhancement
& development,benefit design,pricing & sales strategies & process improvement. Identify & develop target prospects.
• Provides input, w/Reg'l & MSBD leaders,in the assessment,development & execution of business & market segment plans,including forecast & target setting activities.
• Anticipate business, marketplace & competitor dynamics & develop/implement strategies the ensure growth & mitigate adverse risks.
• Collaborates w/Business Line Leaders across the Enterprise to measure & lower acquisition costs through the implementation of best practices & shared srvs.
• Maintains relationships w/key local influencers, consultants, brokers, decision makers, & community groups that will further the local presence strategy for KP.
• Ensures a high level of srv is provided to new group customers & their consultants & brokers during the enrollment process to ensure smooth transitions to the account Mgmt team.
• Build external relationships w/key brokers & consultants to understand their perspectives & influence their buying decisions.
• Develop & manage new marketing distribution channels & enhance existing sales channels,e.g. brokers,direct,business coalitions,etc.
• Examines policy issues & strategic planning w/a long-term as well as short term perspective.
• Collaborates on the development & execution of all strategic & tactical plans to achieve growth potential & optimal business partnership in each account.
• Monitors & evaluates moderately complex plans; focuses on results & measuring attainment of outcomes.
• Develops & implements comprehensive sales plan to meet the overall business objectives for membership, revenue & margin.
• Accountable for ensuring budget for Dept/team stays allocated budget/costs targets.
• Assists in the development, population,& maintenance of program &/or region-wide relevant data & info, including competitive data, LOB financials,& ad hoc reporting.
• Responsible for funds Mgmt in order to grow or retain membership in books of business & member forecasting.
• Ensure & provide required documentation that account Mgmt activities & staff are operating as 100% compliant per state & internal regulatory guidelines.
• Six (6) years of experience in field sales, marketing, business development, and/or managing business to business relationships of which three (3) years must have been spent in a direct management capacity.
• Four (4) years of the above experience in the healthcare or insurance industry or sales related industry.
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, finance, business administration OR four (4) years of experience in field sales, marketing, business development, and/or managing business to business relationships.
License, Certification, Registration
• Experience using effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in strong interpersonal, public presentation, and persuasion skills.
• Possesses negotiation, consulting skills with facility to interact and influence senior leaders.
• Strong analytical ability, with ability to design, track, and work toward specific measurable performance targets for self and team.
• Demonstrated strategic thinking and planning skills.
• Demonstrated understanding of health care industry and local markets for managed health care products.
• Demonstrated proficiency to interpret and communicate laws and regulations related to health care.
• Demonstrated understanding of competitor's strengths, weaknesses and strategies.
• Appropriate Maryland, Virginia and DC Life and Health Insurance licenses within 90 days of hire date.
• MHA, MPH, or MBA.
• Proficiency in financial/underwriting concepts and a demonstrated ability to apply these concepts.
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.