Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Sr. Project Manager
Las Vegas, NV
12 Month Contract
W2 only, NO corp to corp or 1099
Sr. Project Manager -Information Technology, Shared Services and Project Management Office
The role of Project Manager is a hands-on position requiring experience and expertise managing: The initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project.
The responsibilities of the position are as follows:
• Has strong knowledge within the IT Operations and Infrastructure space.
• Lead multiple IT Infrastructure projects simultaneously with responsibilities across a number of regions, organizations, vendors, and applications/interfaces.
• Ability to assemble and lead project teams including technical and non-technical staff in analysis and also assign individual responsibilities.
• Deliver on project commitments through leadership, teamwork, problem analysis/resolution, effective communication, and productivity improvements.
• Design, development, testing and implementation efforts for projects to ensure project deliverables meet stated expectations for scope, quality, cost, timing, and business objectives.
• Serve as liaison between project team members, management, IT suppliers, external consultants and the business.
• Establish the project baseline, metrics, and parameters.
• Develop and manage the Critical Path for successful project delivery.
• Establish and conduct weekly/monthly status meetings, and other meetings as needed, requested.
• Prepare periodic reports on project health including project status, risks & mitigation plans, and issues & resolution plans.
• Routinely communicate project results to the Program Manager, Business and IT Partners.
• Investigate project developments, validate assumptions and upcoming deliverables, and resolve conflicts.
• Develop requirements for end-user training plans. Financial Management
• Ensure project funding aligns with approved budgets in system of record.
• Calculate and forecast project cost(s).
• Validate/adjust monthly financial transactions.
• Accrue for goods and services received, not yet invoiced.
• Monthly, report financial health of the project(s).
• Complete project change requests to manage large variances.
Education and experience:
• Bachelor's degree in business management, financial management, computer science, communications, or related field, preferred.
• 8 – 10 years of project management experience managing increasingly complex projects in a technical environment.
• Superior verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
• Demonstrated experience in all MS Office tools and in one or more PM methodologies (e.g., Waterfall, Agile, etc.).
• Subject matter expert in MS Project 2016.
• Develop and maintain schedule reports, Gantt charts, milestone charts, and other project management tools used to support critical path analysis, near-term tasks work authorizations, priority-based resource allocations, performance variances, and to support cost/schedule integration.
• Work in collaboration with management team to drive consistency of the project scheduling approach to facilitate accuracy in project execution and reporting
• Identify major milestones, decision points, project life-cycle and other project events
• Nimble, and able to react quickly to changing business needs.
• Ability to facilitate discussion and drive consensus.
• Ability to work effectively independently as well as in cross-functional teams.
• Able to work effectively and efficiently toward detailed goals in a complex, matrixed environment with ever-changing demands.
• Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
• PMP, Scrum Master, Six Sigma certification, strongly preferred.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced technology environment.
• Willing to complete tasks under strict time constraints, which may require long, off-hour and weekend work.
• Willing to work on-site at any of our casino resorts, which may include exposure to noise, smoke, and populated areas.
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.