Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Primary Job Function:
The GH Cell Level One position operates production equipment to manufacture hydraulic hose and has three main components and has two required certifications for the job.
Finishing (Cut/Coil & Eject/Test & Inspect): Ejects mandrel from the hose by using water pressure, and proof tests hose to make sure that it meets specifications. Cuts the hose at the appropriate place on the reel, and coils the hose to prepare it for shipping. Operates the stencil machine to put the appropriate model and lot number on the hose and inspects it for any defects during this process.
Braid (Vertical): Operates braider machines to interweave two or more strands of yarn to provide reinforcement for the hose before the cover process.
In addition, the operator participates as an effective member of a production workgroup, as well as on various teams including, but not limited to, 5S, TPM, and cross-functional teams. Maintains a safe, clean and orderly work environment through effective housekeeping, 5S and TPM practices.
Areas of Accountability:
SAFETY: Perform your job responsibilities in a safe manner.
When an unsafe condition exists you are authorized to shutdown the equipment and get the proper personnel involved to address the issue.
QUALITY: Deliver quality product to customer (next operation).
When a condition exists which will adversely affect the quality of a product you are authorized to shutdown the equipment and get the proper personnel involved to address the issue.
DELIVERY: Deliver quality product to customers (next operation) on time
TEAM participation: Workgroup, 5S, TPM
Health and Safety Responsibilities:
• Know and understand the Safety Absolutes.
• Comply with all applicable OSHA Standards, facility wide health/safety procedures and rules, and job-specific safety procedures.
• Bring health and safety issues, unsafe acts and safety suggestions to management’s attention or correct those you can.
• Keep other employees aware of health and safety practices and activities by actively observing fellow employee work practices and incorporating safety.
• Maintain housekeeping in the work area.
• Maintain health and safety equipment in good working order.
• Actively participate in health and safety training and demonstrate competency based on training received.
• Participate actively in providing suggestions for health and safety program improvement.
• Know and implement regulatory compliance requirements in your work area.
• Actively participate in accident, injury and illness prevention.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
Perform duties relative to production in the assigned area, and is able to operate all equipment and machinery in the assigned area.
Produce a quality product, safely, on-time, and with the least cost possible.
Accurately record data on process travelers.
Accurately complete computer transactions.
Participate in cell/team activities and adhere to cell/team norms.
Maintain all skill certifications.
Identify areas for improvements.
Communicate with co-workers, management, internal and external customers, and others in a courteous, professional, and proactive manner.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
High School Diploma
Manufacturing experience preferred
Good verbal and written communication skills
Good interpersonal skills/teaming ability
Ability to learn computer transactions
Ability to learn and successfully operate production equipment
Lifting/Carrying Ground to Waist Ground to Shoulders Ground to Overhead Waist to Shoulders
0-10 lbs. Frequent Occasional
11-30 lbs. Occasional Occasional Occasional
31-60 lbs. Occasional Occasional
0-100 lbs. Frequent
101-200 lbs. Frequent
201 + lbs. Frequent
KEY: Continuous = Over 70%; Frequent = 40-70%; Occasional = 15-40%; Rare = Up to 15%
Number of hours per day each activity is performed:
Sitting_0_ Walking _7_ Climbing Stairs _0_ Standing _7_ Bending/Kneeling _0_ Reaching _4_
Seeing _7__ Hearing _7__ Speaking __2__ Feeling _0_
Visual Acuity: Near Vision _X__ Far Vision _X_ Peripheral Vision _X_ Depth Perception _X_
Describe any repetitive hand use (simple grasp, fine manipulation, twisting motion) and frequency of job rotation or breaks.
1. Placing full bobbins on the braid machine and taking off empty bobbins.
2. Moving reels through the braid process.
3. One 10-minute break and one 30-minute lunch break.
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.