Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Sr. Backup Architect
6-12+ month contract-Temp to Perm
· Analyzes and evaluates major system project requirements of considerable complexity requiring a thorough understanding of all parameters affecting and interfacing with the system. Reviews user requirements and provides direction in the identification of problem and potential resolution. Provides analytical support in the conceptualization, development and implementation of complex, multiple inter-linked systems.
· Defines system objectives and prepares system design specifications to meet user requirements and satisfy interface problems. Formulates logical statements of user requirements and develops solutions through application of systems and methods of engineering techniques. Reviews alternate approaches and selects appropriate methodology.
· Addresses complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires and evaluation of often intangible factors. Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects. Recommends corrections in technical applications and analysis. Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services Accountable for technical contribution which result in profitable return on technical investment. Applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
· Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts. Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious. Works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives.
· Assignments are often self-initiated. Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Work checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than by formal review of superior. Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product.
· Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve critical organizational objectives and affect the image of the organization's technological capability. Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs. Acts as advisor to management on advanced technical research studies and applications. May provide work leadership for lower level employees. Considered expert in field. Excludes those with full supervisory responsibility.
· Designing, Implementation and Administration of Backup environment running on CommVault Simpana & Networker/Avamar.
· Handle Technical Escalations from Level 2 and Level 3 teams
· Troubleshoot Deep technical isues in Backup environments running on the mentioned Tools & Technologies to Resolution
· Evaluate and Analyze the Backup Reports and Backup Performance
· Propose and implement Backup Improvement Initiatives to enhance backup Performance & Backup Success Rates
· Handle the responsibilities of being a Technical Interface for Specific Clients
· Installation and Configuration of new Backup Environments using the above mentioned tools
· Conduct Periodic Performance Analysis and Optimize the overall Backup environment
· Perform Backup Assessments and Audits. Report on the findings, propose plans and implement them to bridge gaps
· Execute Incident management, Change Management and Problem management in line with ITIL Standards
· Communicate project status, client updates etc.
· Provide weekly and monthly status reports on projects
· Demonstrate a high degree of creativity in performing tasks by identifying, proposing and implementing streamlining activities to reshape processes.
· Track Backup systems capacity and propose appropriate measures proactively
· Work with other cross-functional teams to provide seamless Service Delivery
· Communicate issues and solutions that may impact the team.
· 12 to 15 Years of overall Experience in IT Services and Systems Management including Server Management.
· Minimum 8 Years' experience in the administration of Backup Systems using CommVault Simpana & Networker and secondary Skill as TSM
· Experience in Advance management of Tape libraries and DataDomain.
· Windows and UNIX Server Administration experience and experience with Networks.
· Very Good Knowledge with ITIL Processes (Incident, Problem and Change Management). Preferably ITIL Foundation Certified.
· Knowledge in using Service Management Tool like Remedy, ServiceNow, etc.
· Excellent written and Oral Communication Skills
· Good Exposure on Remote Management Support· Ability to clearly articulate situations / issues to cross-functional teams and clients
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.