Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Weekly and weekend overtime (Saturdays) will be required
High School Diploma, Associates degree preferred
Position responsibilities include: set-up, program, operate and troubleshoot Variable Frequency Drives using a variety of test equipment, including 480-volt electricity. Perform troubleshooting and repair as required. Develop test programs, fixtures, and controls to ensure efficient tests are implemented during the manufacture of quality Drives assemblies by applying knowledge of electronics, electricity, mechanics, computer applications and product flow.
• Read, interpret, and follow advanced schematics, manufacturing drawings, and bills of material
• Prepare Variable Frequency Drive for test and inspections in accordance with procedures and test specifications.
• Perform mechanical inspection and insulation tests as required
• Achieve Variac and Burn Chamber certification
• Perform electrical sequence tests as required. Check out inter-related electrical circuits and metering circuits.
• Implement hardware and test program (software) modifications to the systems.
• Inspect cells, panels and components for appearance, omissions, damage, and electro-mechanical malfunction
• Troubleshoot malfunctions and perform basic root cause analysis on VFD under test and report findings to the supervisor, engineering, etc
• Check all components listed on customer orders to ensure orders are complete prior to packaging and shipment
• Work in conjunction with Engineering, Quality, etc concerning test procedures, specifications and problems
• Perform routine maintenance and ensure calibration of equipment is completed
• Participate in delivery of training for new and existing testers.
• Perform assembly, wiring, and basic repairs as required
• Transport materials to designated areas as assigned
• Operate as a team player, effectively communicating and working with others
• Maintain and support a safe, clean work environment by complying with all Client safety standards
• Facilitate ongoing continuous improvement in support of quality, productivity and growth objectives
• Communicate daily with production supervisor
• May be asked to perform other duties and responsibilities as necessary
• High school diploma or equivalent is required
• Candidate must be legally authorized to work in the Client States without company sponsorship.
• Minimum of one year work experience with low voltage electricity or electronics.
• Associates Degree in Electronics or another technical discipline
• Functional knowledge of digital and analog circuitry
• Understanding of ladder logic
• Experience using 480 volt 3-phase power
• Previous plumbing or HVAC experience
• Previous programming experience
• Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment
• Must have basic math, reading, and writing skills.
• Must have basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
• Must have strong mechanical aptitude
• Must have solid time and change management skills to meet production demands
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions using reasoning and decision making skills to ensure quality work.
• Ability to regularly communicate and work with a team where the purpose of contact is to provide and/or receive information, explanation, or interpretation of information.
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Demonstrates enthusiasm, takes initiative, and works with a sense of urgency to meet or exceed routing times and quality goals.
• Demonstrates learning agility and the ability to understand and interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions including advanced schematics and manufacturing drawings.
• Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with electrical and electronic equipment.
• Ability to become power truck certified
• Working knowledge of troubleshooting, tests and repair techniques
• Ability and willingness to work overtime, nights, or weekends as needed. Could occasionally be requested to flex work schedule.
• Must be able to lift and handle up to 35 pounds on a frequent basis
• Must be able to lift and handle up to 50 pounds using teaming techniques on an occasional basis
• Must be able to work for 7 to 9 hours per day without sitting
Frequency that best describes the physical demands that are required for you to perform your job duties:
Seldom = 1 – 33%
Occasional = 34 – 66%
Frequent = 67 – 100%
• Seldom: Approximately 0 - 2 hours per day
• Frequent: Approximately 7-9 hours per day
• Assembly of product
• Floor is concrete, ergonomic mats are available
• Occasional: Approximately 0 – 3 hours per day
• Receive and stock parts
Squatting / Bend / Stoop: (multiple times per shift)
• Occasional: Approximately 1 – 5 hours per day
• Picking from stock locations
• Assembly of product (nature of product assembly requires occasional squatting/bending/stooping)
• Lifting 1 – 35 pounds individually – Frequent: Approximately 1 – 5 hours per day
• Lifting 36 – 50 pounds using team lifting techniques – Occasional: Approximately 0 – 3 hours per day
• Lifting up to 35lb from ground to knees, waist, shoulders
• Lifting up to 35lb from waist to shoulders
• Occasional: Approximately 1 – 3 hours per day
• Moving material and assemblies from one location to another
• Use of cart with wheels, hand truck and lift tables with wheels
• Pulling cables from reels
• Pushing / Pulling product along production line
• Safety gloves required
• Frequent repetitive hand motion: Approximately 5+ hours per day
• Simple grasp, twisting motion, fine manipulation
• Grasping of product during assembly, Squeezing of air tools while applying pressure
• Finger dexterity is required during assembly operation
• Safety glasses required
• Near Vision, Peripheral Vision, Depth Perception
• Inspection of work
• Reading of fine print and identifying detail on components.
• Reading blueprints, schematics, and bills of material
• Computer usage
• Occasional, moderate noise during assembly process
• Chemical use (alcohol, cutting oil, paint pen)
• Indoor, air conditioned facility located on first floor
• Overtime is scheduled regularly throughout the year
• Assembly occurs within a defined and occasionally restrictive work space.
• May be required to work in restrictive spaces for extended periods of time as allowed by law.
• Bump hats required when working inside of enclosure.
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.