Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Lead Full Stack Developer (Ruby on Rails)
6 Months +
Our client is seeking a seasoned Lead Full Stack Developer to join our Digital Technology team.
Our client values the talented and diverse workforce we've cultivated over the years. Their nearly 60-year history includes a strong tradition of providing innovative investment ideas and a world-class experience for the individuals, institutions and financial advisors we serve. Their strong foundation is built on collaboration, creativity, and the extraordinary people who play an integral role in our success every day.
As a member of their rapidly growing digital technology team, you’ll have direct influence on our entire digital ecosystem, and the outcomes that we deliver for our clients and the business. You will thrive from working with like-minded individuals, in a fast-moving environment, that comes with shipping best-in-class software.
• Distilling complex business requirements and user stories into simplified architectures and production ready solutions.
• Evaluating product requests, engineering practices, and the technology stack to ensure the development of viable solutions for our customers and business.
• Helping the team swiftly move forward through rigor, discipline, best practices and techniques to deliver high quality resilient software.
• Working in partnership with product, design, and engineering to create an industry leading customer experience in support of the firm’s strategic goals.
• Creating and defining the right techniques for rapid iteration and innovation of product development.
• Identifying opportunities in the strong organization around you (process, people, technology) and driving change.
• 5 years of experience working in a collaborative product development team to deliver on new and existing responsive web applications.
• A deep knowledge of Ruby’s idioms, mechanisms, and its execution and how best to leverage them to build extensible web applications.
• Proven experience developing externally facing web applications using SASS, Foundation, and ECMAScript.
• Experience working with object-relational databases such as PostgreSQL and NoSQL document-oriented databases like MongoDB.
• Previous experiences designing the overall architecture of responsive web applications, moving them into Cloud Computing Services like AWS with tools such as Elastic Beanstalk.
• Knowledge of memory management such as ElasticCache for Memcached or Redis.
• Strong track record of adopting best practices using TDD, continuous integration, and deployment.
• An inquisitive mind and continuous learner to maintain a sustainable delivery culture.
• Excellent communication skills, partner relationship skills, and team leadership skills.
About the Team
• We balance work & fun - the product development team works hard all day to make the best possible products we can, but we celebrate our success and failures
• We’re open & honest with each other - we have a culture of trust, continual improvement, and mutual support
• We’re always learning, always teaching, and we know how to apologize for, and grow from our mistakes
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.