Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Release Manager II
Not looking for traditional release manager. Multiple implementations are happening there at the same time.
Needs to organize. Looking for someone very strong in infrastructure. Release Manager from a technological perspective. Really looking for someone with Agile methodology experience. Spoke to some candidates that seemed like they did not have the Agile experience they said they had. Looking for someone with SAFE (Scaled Agile Framework) experience.
Building relationships, collaborating with other teams, and recognizing changes going on in infrastructure.
Moving very quickly, planning on having interviews soon. Setting up interviews. All interviews will be in-person to move quickly.
8 Projects are currently in flight. Expecting some of these releases to stagger. Looking to start additional projects.
You will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, Projects and Programs.
You will be responsible for implementing and managing release processes for code through development, test, and production environments. The Release Manager Job function works collaboratively with all participants in software development projects and is supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments.
This position also works with IT management to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
The Release Management responsibilities also include building the IT Release Calendar in working closely with different portfolios across IT and centralizing view of all releases. Leads the effort of defining the IT strategic direction for release management tools for IT to ensure the process requirements of release management are built in. The Release Manager will assist in managing projects and interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence to ensure the integrity of the release can be measured.
Role and Responsibilities
• Forward plan the release windows and cycles across enterprise programs.
• Facilitate quarterly cross-enterprise release planning sessions.
• Maintain the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors
• Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
• Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
• Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
• Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams in different locations
• Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
• Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
• Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
• Deliver weekly release reports
• Communicate release details and schedules to Stakeholders as require.
• Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
• Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
2-6 years of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
8-10 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
SAFe certified, minimum 2 years as either Release Train Engineer (RTE) or Solution Train Engineer (STE)
Formal training in project management practices preferred.
Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle including agile
Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.