Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Global financial firm located in New York, NY has an immediate contract opportunity for a Sanctions Screening Technical Business Analyst
*12 month+ contract*
Description: The Financial Crimes Technology (FCT) team is seeking a technical business analyst to join the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) screening program. The AML program covers multiple applications that monitor transactions, sanctions and negative new/PEP screening, evaluate alerts risk, report suspicious behavior, and display statistics. The successful candidate will be comfortable covering multiple technology platforms, is able to succinctly describe how and why the platforms function to various stakeholders, and be driven to lead deliveries.
The business analyst will:
- Work with senior stakeholders to understand their needs to enhance existing applications, and define improvements in their case management and workflow to gain operational efficiencies
- Analyze and understand business requirements; write and explain the functional requirements
- Create process and data flow diagrams, use cases, and user guides for the program
- Coordinate closely with data management team to define data requirements
- Work closely with developers and quality assurance team to communicate functional requirements and collectively define appropriate solution to meet user requirements
- Identify potential risks, assess impact, and define mitigation strategies
- Experience working with AML, Sanctions screening, or Negative News/PEP screening programs in a technology context
- AML SME who understand the how and why of watch list filtering/screening flow
- Experience with financial crimes tools such as Actimize, Accuity, Mantas, Fortent, or BAE Systems
- Experience with case management and workflow tools such as ERCM
- Strong communicator with interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- 7+ years of business analysis or product owner experience
- Can distill complex concepts and document them clearly with use cases and process flows
- Identifies solutions that not only meet the current need but have foresight into future situations with concern for reusability, risk mitigation, and alignment with firm strategy and regulatory climate.
- Proficiency in data analysis including impact analysis for data issues and upstream data changes.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Comfortable designing user interface mock-ups
- Experience working in Agile and Waterfall environments.
- Self-starter who can multi-task while maintaining good organization and time management
- Comfortable juggling multiple priorities and adopting to change
Excellent with MS Office and Jira
- Bachelor's in computer science or a related field
- Knowledge of test driven use case and development approach
- Program owner certification
-Knowledge of object-oriented design and development
- Knowledge of Big Data and Hadoop environments
- Financial services experience
- ACAMS certified
- Master degree in computer science or a related field
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.