Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
4 months +
Work from or write business specifications to develop or modify programs which will improve the efficiency of an application or operating system. Determine and implement the most efficient and cost effective solution (e.g., codes new or modified programs, reuses existing code through the use of program development software alternatives or integrates purchased solutions). Modify, test and debug vendor supplied utilities, packages and engineering releases to better suit them to the operating environment. Assist in developing and modifying relatively complex system/software, such as routines supporting multi programming, telecommunications and file management. Receives general supervision and is competent in most aspects of data analysis applications to work on own most of the time.
- Designs, develops and implements highly complex computer programs.
- Contributes to complex problem solving. Assists support personnel in locating and resolving complex problems with programs.
- Acts as a technical advisor as needed.
- Codes, tests, debugs, implements and documents highly complex programs.
- Develops complex test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs.
- Designs systems and programs to meet highly complex business needs.
- Prepares detailed specifications from which programs are developed and coded.
- Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments (i.e. program code, technical documentation).
- Gathers information from existing systems, analyzes program and time requirements.
- Prepares time estimates and justifications for assigned tasks and provides recommendations to project managers. Works with management to resolve issues and validate programming requirements within their areas of responsibility.
- Conducts quality assurance activities such as peer reviews.
- 5 years' experience on the TradVantage/wmA products (for Traditional life products)
- Experience with conversion from different system to TradVantage system
- Business knowledge of Traditional Life Products
- Solid knowledge of COBOL, DB2, JCL, CICS, VSAM, EZTRIEVE
- Experience working with FILE-AID, Endevor and Expeditor
- Experience with running batch jobs in TSO.
- Be able to problem solve a defect or ABEND using File Aid, Abend Aid and/or Expediter.
- Be able to compare code between 2 levels and apply any retro fits that are needed. For example, development and production.
- Be able to write technical specification.
- Analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs
- Can do unit/system testing of modified code to verify the results are what is needed.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Be able to give progress of their tasks in a timely manner.
- Be able to manage their time.
- Ability to work as part of team and independently
- Exposure to Commissions/Agency
- Understanding of business processes and automated workflow
- Experience with estimation
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.