Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
* Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 7 AM - 3 PM
The Research Technician will work for the thermoplastic polyurethane business unit and be responsible for performing laboratory and scale-up experiments to support technical sales, technical service and development scientist. This position includes responsibilities for the synthesis, injection molding and extrusion techniques used for laboratory scale sample preparation and subsequent physical and analytical testing. An aptitude for observing, making suggestions and communication is an important skill
Primary responsibility for this position is to work in close partnership with the Staff Scientists to carry out polymer synthesis, characterization, and application experiments on laboratory scale and pilot plant scale equipment to support the TPU development projects. This position will report to the Staff Scientist. Laboratory operation knowledge and skills are required in addition to performing the following tasks:
• Independently and safely operate laboratory processing and testing equipment in support of requests staff, including but not limited to injection molders, extruders and physical testing equipment.
• Laboratory skills desirable in setting up lab experiments, work-up and analysis.
• Experience in laboratory syntheses, preparation of hand-mixtures and samples.
• Organization skills (time planning, record-keeping in R&D notebook).
• Communication skills (be able to effectively communicate both oral and written)
• Learn new techniques as needed
• Maintain clear and concise records of the laboratory work. Keep an accurate, up to date, and witnessed laboratory notebook. Capable of highest standards of integrity, accuracy and attention to detail
• Contact person for polymer testing that is performed in other Client labs and external third party labs
• Solid background in safe work practices.
• 2 years of college with 8+ years of experience or 15+ years of experience in relevant laboratory environment. Plastics processing and testing experience is required. Client recognizes Institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
• Effective oral and written communications skills with strong work ethic and self-motivation
• Must operate with a high sense of urgency
• Possess basic science and technology skills, good math and analytical skills
• Support site EH&S and continuous improvement initiatives through individual and team contribution
• Ability to build solid working relationships quickly and effectively function as a team member and on cross-functional teams and also effectively on individual efforts
• Demonstrate high degree of personal initiative and a willingness to learn
• Working knowledge of Lotus Notes/Microsoft Word/Microsoft Excel software
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.