Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Global Financial Frim located in Charlotte, NC or Waltham, MA has an immediate contract for an experienced Data Analyst
Job Description for Digital Service Bureau – Sr Data Analyst & Developer
Role Summary (overall purpose and objectives of role):
The Digital Metrics & Analytics group is looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join the Digital Service Bureau team that supports the metrics and analytics needs of the Digital Business at Client. The candidate will be responsible for complex ad-hoc data analysis, data queries, developing and testing complex Tableau dashboards. The successful candidate should demonstrate the ability to understand the business problem and the data available and then develop analytics to deliver insights to our business and IT partners. Candidate must have solid experience and skills working with very large datamarts – ability to decipher complex data structures. Candidate will work both alone and as part of agile project teams in a fast paced environment.
Responsibilities (List principle tasks, duties and responsibilities of the job:
• Utilize SQL, Tableau and Alteryx to analyze large data tables in SQL and Hadoop systems. Perform exploratory analysis on new data sources to understand the data & quality. Analyze the lineage of data through corporate warehouses.
• Develop SQL, Tableau or Alteryx solutions to analyze data, join multiple data sets and answer ad-hoc business questions. Document all findings.
• Ability to take a definition of a complex KPI calculation from a dashboard and independently generate SQL directly from a data warehouse to validate.
• Provide data testing support to small team of Tableau developers building complex interactive dashboards. Focus on testing of data and validation of calculations.
• Plan testing tasks and activities to support the overall outcome of the deliverable.
• Use appropriate tools and processes to support clear reporting of progress.
• Conduct the testing and work with team members and stakeholders to ensure a quality deliverable.
• Conduct production systems health checks on regular basis.
• Analyze/interpret data requirements and perform current/target/gap/impact analyses.
• Research beyond documented and happy-path cases to identify missing requirements.
• Focus on data generation, flow, transformation and accuracy. Correlate the functionality to the data.
• Monitor overall test execution and manage contingency planning for test plan variances.
• Defect reporting and tracking; including collaboration on defect resolution with developers/partners and identification of retest requirements.
• Multi-task and prioritize activities to address complex needs of a large organization.
• Adapt quickly to moving targets and changes in requirements.
Required Skills (Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities to enter the job):
• Collaborate with geographically dispersed teams
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university, or equivalent technical training
• Experience with SQL development - MariaDB, MySQL, or PostgreSQL
• Experience with Hadoop
• Experience with Tableau and Alteryx desired
• Excellent communication skills (oral/written)
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently to resolve complex issues
• Demonstrates strong problem solving abilities
Desired Skills: (Preferred not required)
• Financial services experience – Brokerage, Retirement or Banking
• Tableau experience
• Alteryx experience
Position is located in Waltham MA office or Charlotte NC office. Candidate will be located there full-time along with small team of data analysts and data scientists. This is a long-term assignment with potential to convert to full-time position.
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.