Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Senior Data Scientist
The Business Applications and Data Support Analyst within Information Technology supports change and problem management, application and configuration management and production support of our suite of business applications and customer web sites ensuring that the systems and data are accurate and available in a 24x7-operating environment. This job requires gaining a strong working knowledge of business applications as well as a strong understanding of how business users could utilize or adapt the software to support their areas of responsibility. This is a hands on position requiring both leadership and technical problem solving skills. 7 to 10 years of experience.
The Data Scientist will be responsible for performing Network Analytics by discovering patterns in massive amounts of network data (Troubleshooting steps and results, Alarms, Historical data, etc.) and developing models.
In this role, the Data Scientist will be implementing descriptive, predictive and prescriptive capabilities to improve the network diagnostics in troubleshooting OSS platform for Telecom Network and thereby improve the customer experience.
Using a mixture of industry tools and IT developed capabilities, the data scientist will work in an environment that includes tools appropriate to add value to the business.
5-7 yrs. of experience in Business Intelligence domain including data mining, data visualization and Machine Learning
· Data Mining, Preparation and Modeling
- Strong concepts in different modeling techniques, with experience in the application and implementation of at least three to five methods:
Random forest, logistic regression, cluster analysis, discriminant, DEA, time series, neural networks, survival analysis.
· Proven Expertise in delivering at least two end-to-end Data Science projects
· Programming skills in at least one of Python and R; having both is preferred
· Strong fundamentals in Probability, Statistics and Algorithms
· Utilization of Perl, Java or other tools for data preparation
· Experience with Tableau, OBIEE or other Business Intelligence / visualization software
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Effective Communication & Presentation skills
· Aptitude to learn quickly on current trends and techniques in Data Science and Machine Learning
· Ability to work autonomously and within a team onshore as well as offshore; and across multiple locations
· Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions
· Experience with one or more frameworks like Apache Spark, TensorFlow, etc., is a plus
Education Level – MS or equivalent in relevant fields like Data Science, Applied Math, Statistics or Computer Science
Standard, flexible, Mon- Friday and occasional weekend work; must be willing to work with VDSI teams (early hours in US) and also must be willing to work with all the teams across eastern, central, and Mountain Time zones in US.
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.