Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Senior Applications Program Manager
Santa Clara, CA
The Applications Services Manager supervises Application Analysts, Business Analysts, and Web Designers. This position requires 7 to 10 years of management experience in an Information Technology environment supporting at least 180 applications. This position requires excellent communication skills, team and resource management. The role is also responsible for evaluating and recommending solutions by evaluating Customer business needs. Experience with Public Sector and City Governments is expected along with deep experience with key applications that commonly support these customers. Experience with Agile and DevOps methodologies is a plus.
The Applications Services Manager is responsible for planning, design, implementation, and support. Roles include business analysis, RFPs, vendor management and product evaluation. This person has overall responsibility for management of the Portfolio (180 applications including strategy and Roadmap), portfolio definition and strategic roadmaps. This person will manage the Applications Services team. This position is the customer liaison, vendor liaison, and will resolve application operational issues.
This person must work with the Infrastructure Technology Solutions Manager and Operations Manager. This person reports into the Contract Executive.
· >1 year experience in managing teams using ITIL processes
· Local government experience strongly desired
· Advanced knowledge in at least one of the following business areas Finance, Human Resources, Administration (e.g. Document Management), Web & Digital, Utility Billing, Land Management, Public Safety
· At least 7 years' experience in IT application management including managing and motivating technical personnel.
· Experience in managing teams using ITIL processes
· Advanced knowledge in at least one of the following business areas: Utility Billing, Land Management, Public Safety, Finance, Human Resources, Administration (e.g. Document Management), Web & Digital
· Be able to acquire and apply Customer's business strategy, objectives, processes and operations (including Customer departments)
· Previous working experience in IT applications project management
· Working with business leaders to develop and align application strategies to business objectives
· Ability to translate the application strategy into plans and actions
· In-depth knowledge of Information Technology application evaluation, development, implementation, quality assurance and production support
· In-Depth knowledge of Commercial off the Shelf product life cycle
· Familiarity with client/server application computing environments, SaaS, client server applications and relational database concepts.
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.