Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Field Supervisor III
6 Month Contract
Work Hours: 8-10 hour days, 5-6 days per week, varies based on work type and crew schedule
Position requires extensive electric Transmission/Distribution experience.
Will need to provide own phone and transportation.
Will need to provide a computer to view EOP's (web access needed) and email access (own email address).
This position will field based, not the office.
Travel throughout NY State will be required, based on crew locations and schedule.
Responsible for the daily supervision of Electric Transmission Maintenance personnel, including Construction Contractors, Field Operations personnel, in a cost effective manner to ensure the following:
Safety, reliability, security and integrity of our Transmission system, consistent with Company goals, objectives and policies, in full compliance with existing and future governmental codes and regulations. Field oversight of: Tower Painting Crews, Tower Footer I&M Crews, ROW Maintenance Crews, and Wood Pole Inspection & Maintenance Crews.
Sound implementation of policies and procedures that ensure public safety, maximize customer satisfaction and fulfill statutory requirements while meeting or exceeding performance incentives
Protect the safety of the public, company property, and personnel through monitoring and enforcement of work rules, standards, and Electric Operating Procedures (EOP's) while remaining fully compliant.
Supervise a culturally diverse workforce through coaching, counseling, and team building to effectively and efficiently accomplish job tasks. Responsible for workplace safety to ensure safe working conditions are maintained through field inspection of work sites and equipment.
Maintain compliance with O.S.H.A., PSC/DPU, DOT regulations, and Operator Qualifications.
Extensive Electric Transmission/Sub-T/Distribution line operations experience is required. Candidates with a Bachelor's Degree and related work experience will be considered. Prior leadership experience with a focus on Electric Field Operations preferred.
Technical knowledge of engineering, construction and maintenance practices.
1. Provide a Construction Supervisor as the primary point of contact during construction.
2. Provide field construction management oversight services.
3. Confirm contractor deliverables are executed in accordance with client's construction standards and Electric Operating Procedures.
4. Review schedule and construction progress, to include critical path items, and provide construction updates to the client Manager on a weekly/monthly basis
5. Notify the client management of any issues related to material/equipment needed to complete the project.
6. Work with our internal safety partners to ensure that contractor Health & Safety Plans are pertinent to the project, current, and adhered to.
7. Plan and Coordinate the daily work activities of contractors or employees for Transmission Maintenance Projects.
8. Provide quality assurance that work performed is per the specifications, company standards, and contract documents
Applicant must exhibit proven supervisory skills and ability to work effectively with others in a team environment is necessary. The candidate must possess an exceptional safety record, strong oral and written communication skills with the proven ability to maximize performance of subordinates. Solid planning and organizing skills are required. Must possess the following competencies: Focus on Safety, Customer Satisfaction, advancing technology to protect our environment, innovation, drive for results, adaptability, demonstrate and promote teamwork.
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.