Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Franklin Lakes, NJ
General Description: Responsible for the day to day operation of the billing management system (Legal Tracker) and timely and accurate processing of IP related invoices in compliance with the clients Law Group Billing Guidelines. Provide customer service to both in-house clients and outside vendors.
Responsibilities include providing direct support to attorneys and paralegals in the Global Law Group as a billing coordinator and liaison among multiple services and groups.
• Responsible for the day to day operation of the billing management system, including training Global Law Group associates, onboarding vendors and maintaining Share Service Center and Global Law Group process and billing documentation.
• Perform all billing related responsibilities including: review and approval of invoices, timekeeper rate review, resolution of complex billing issues, electronic invoice processing, and responding to various inquiries.
• Research and follow up on outstanding payments, debits, checks and duplicate payments.
• Independently manage high volume of emails and calls pertaining to legal billing.
• Provide first level of customer service and technical support for questions regarding electronic billing.
• Recommend best practices relating to Law Group Billing Guidelines (US and Ex-US), as needed.
• Train attorneys and paralegals on electronic billing system and invoice review and processing.
• Develop and maintain training materials/resources relating to the electronic billing system and related databases and train and instruct administrative staff on invoice review and processing, complex billing resolution, vendor creation and maintenance in ARAVO, matter creation and SAP billing codes.
• Coordinate with administrative staff manager to conduct informational seminars for Law Group administrative staff to ensure continuous compliance with the clients Law Group Billing Guidelines and the Company's payment and processing procedures.
• Provide insight into how to effectively influence in-house clients and outside vendors.
• Have strong knowledge and understanding of department policies and procedures as they relate to the job function.
• Formulate and recommend e-billing process improvements and efficiencies to align with industry best practices.
• Develop and distribute routine report requests for professionals and perform spend and budget data analysis, as appropriate.
• May assist in preparing and reporting of reforecasts and preliminary outside counsel budgets.
• Assist in the implementation of SAP and e-billing system requirement changes or updates in the US and Ex-US. Assists in preparation of related communication plan(s) and timeline(s).
• Provide support to Legal Operations Manager on legal billing strategy and spend management.
• Assist with audit requests and projects as needed.
• Assist with the transition of legacy IP docketing questions/concerns
• Prepare and process legacy CPA Global invoices
• Maintain legacy FileTrail system
• BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience required
• Minimum 5 years billing experience with a law firm and/or corporate legal department (2 - 5 years related Intellectual property billing experience desirable).
• Mastery of SAP finance modules.
• Significant experience with Legal Tracker Tracker e-billing system is desired.
• Must demonstrate strong understanding of all stages of invoice processing (including the steps preceding and following invoice posting).
• Superior organizational, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills.
• Strict attention to detail and follow-through are critical.
• Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
• Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of associates.
• Able to quickly modify work priorities to meet unexpected and sometimes competing deadlines. Ability to effectively prioritize and complete multiple tasks, even under pressure.
• Ability to research information and formulate recommendations.
• Ability to work in a changing environment.
• Must have ability to handle assignments independently and with self confidence.
• Expert computer skills including mastery of all Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.