Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
A Major Financial Firm located in Charlotte, NC has an immediate contract opportunity for an UX Designer/ Architect.
This position requires a senior-level information architect with a background in digital interactive site design. Candidates should possess a demonstrated ability to produce high-quality experiences that organize complex high volume transactional websites into well-integrated systems to solve customer needs.
As part of the UX information architecture team, the successful candidate will lead multiple interactive projects, day-to-day maintenance of existing experiences, and generate new design through the use of appropriate tools, resources and processes. The candidate will collaborate with internal team members.
• Develop UX/IA documentation such as site outlines, process flows, sketches, scenarios, personas, wireframes and navigation models for web, desktop, and mobile applications to define functionality and user behavior.
• Brainstorm and collaborate with Business Owners, Product Managers, UX Visual Designers, Developers, UX Content and other stakeholders to determine user interface needs.
• Maintain working knowledge about emerging user interface / interaction design standards and best practices.
• Use a data-driven approach and analysis for design experiences.
• Evaluate the competitive landscape and research UI trends in financial services.
• Partner with our Prototyping and Development Team to ensure technical feasibility and flawless implementation.
• Review applications throughout the development lifecycle to ensure integrity of information architecture and usability guidelines.
Core Competency Requirements
• Bring strong creative, conceptual and problem-solving skills to translate conceptual ideas (business needs and user goals) into interaction design solutions.
• Assess data from multiple sources (product requirements, tech constraints, UX research, web analytics and industry trends) and synthesize it in order to develop efficient user scenarios, taxonomies, classification schemes, navigation systems and design patterns.
• Create and effectively present UX deliverables (wireframes, workflows, prototypes, etc.) to explain and negotiate design solutions to key stakeholders.
Experience & Skills Requirements
• 5+ years of experience as an senior Information Architect, Interaction Designer, User Experience Designer, or similar role.
• Hands-on experience building wireframes and mock-ups.
• Ability to develop user interfaces for complex transactional applications.
• Experience producing detailed wireframes, site outlines, process flows, and navigation models in a thorough, clean, and concise way using industry standard tools (Axure, InVision, Adobe Creative Cloud, Illustrator, Photoshop, or a similar program).
• Ability to cut through ambiguity and use good organizational skills.
• A passion for being the voice of the user and a proven track-record building user-centric solutions.
• Leader using best practices for web and mobile information architecture and design.
• Strong verbal and visual communication, written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Financial industry experience required.
Experience & Qualifications
• A Bachelor's Degree in Human Factors, Interaction, Graphic or Interface Design.
• Experience working with teams in multiple software project methods such as Waterfall SDLC and Agile.
• Online portfolio displaying a firm understanding of user-centered design processes and information architecture principles is a must.
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.