Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Project Engineer - Systems
The Project Engineer - Systems is responsible for developing system requirements, resource and execution plans. In addition, they must provide leadership in program implementation and technical management. He/She will be accountable for technical coordination of all assigned engineering program requirements; as well as cost and schedule management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Creates project plans, work authorization documents and earned value management principles.
2. Handles technical assignments involving analysis, preliminary production planning, requirements definition, traceability and evaluation of one or more alternative technical approaches and associated costs for creating or upgrading performance of a system or activity.
3. Responsible for requirements analysis, cost analysis, cost performance trade-off analysis and feasibility analysis.
4. Supports regulatory compliance, technology, conceptual designs, special studies and analyses.
5. Responsible for providing technical recommendations and guidance for future programs, projects and growth strategies.
6. Oversees systems engineering technical efforts and acts as a technical representative to all internal and external customers.
7. Provides assessment of the business impacts of changes and the development of new business opportunities.
8. Participates in the development of prototypes.
9. Acts as a vendor contact on small/sub-system projects.
10. Participates in hardware/software integration and test and preparation of formal reports.
11. Participates and/or leads peer reviews, design reviews, etc.
• BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
• 5 plus years experience in technical work in the major area of full life cycle systems engineering involving concept development and requirements analysis
• Heavy vehicle systems engineering experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
• Persuasive and articulate, with the ability to communicate both diplomatically and assertively
• Systems Engineering experience
• Familiarity with requirements management tools, EVMS and processes used in the test and qualification of DoD contracts
• Ability to obtain security clearance
additional submittals who meet the more detailed requirements that follow:
1. Key words; INCOSE, Systems Engineering, Requirements Management, Requirements Decomposition, Requirements Traceability, DoDAF, Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP), Requirements Management Plan (RMP), Requirements Validation Plan (RVP).
2. Shows demonstrated experiences in managing systems engineering practices, departments and/or teams. Execution of Systems Engineering efforts for government contracts, establishing systems architecture frameworks and infrastructures.
Updated info as of 4/11/2018:
I would ask that your search more so focus on the acronym INCOSE rather than DOORS. This will help identify those candidate who are Systems Engineering professionals, as opposed to those who are familiar with systems engineering software. In the same manner, a project manager would best be found looking for PMP in their resume, as opposed to Microsoft Project.
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.