Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Title - Customer Quality Engineer II
Customer Quality member is responsible for conducting investigations for complaints, filing MDR and MDV reports to health authorities, and communicating performance and safety issues. In addition, this position is responsible for summarizing the results of data analysis into clear and concise presentations and reports for peers, cross-functional teams and management. This position will support business partner processes in post market surveillance, regulatory, operations and new product development. The Customer Quality Engineer works collaboratively with Quality, Manufacturing, Product Development and other functional experts. We are counting on you to be knowledgeable regarding regulations and standards affecting Medical Devices (e.g. ISO9001/13485/14971/14001, FDA Regulations (21CFR (803, 806, 820, part 11, etc.), CMDR, and Medical Devices Directive (93/42/eec, 98/79/EC)).
• Serves as a liaison between the quality assurance department and other departments for complaint investigations; Interfaces with key business partners including research and development, regulatory and compliance, operations, service and repair, medical affairs, medical safety, post market surveillance and international affiliates as required
• Utilizes statistical tools and appropriate investigative techniques to analyze complaint root cause and corrective actions
• Ensures complaint investigations are robust and well documented
• Files MDR (Medical Device Reporting) and MDV (Medical Device Vigilance) reports as necessary to health authorities
• Escalates events in a timely manner and per procedure; Ensures key department metrics (such as complaint closure and health authority reporting timeliness) are met
• Prepares responses to customer inquiries regarding complaint investigations and prepares trend reports for complaints.
• Summarizes the results of various data analysis into clear and concise presentations and reports for peers, cross-functional teams and management
• Supports such activities as post market surveillance, complaint reports and safety signal detection
• Supports process improvement activities and the CAPA process as necessary
• Supports any Internal and External Audits as necessary
• Knows and follows all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times
• All other duties as assigned
• Minimum of Bachelor's Degree is required, preferably in an Engineering, Life Science, or related discipline. An advanced degree is a plus.
• Minimum of 2 years of direct or related experience in a regulatory environment is required.
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and decision making skills is required. Ability to conduct root cause analysis is required.
• Ability to prioritize and multi task.
• Ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical personnel at all organizational levels.
• Ability to work in a cross-functional and matrix environment; strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrates ability to respond to the urgent needs of the team, with proven track record of meeting deadline.
• Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
• An ASQ certification (CQE, CQM, CRE or CQA) is an asset. Six Sigma (Green Belt, Black Belt, etc.) or Process Excellence certification is an asset.
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
• This position is located in Raynham, MA and may require up to 10% travel.
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.