Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Global financial firm located in Montreal, QC has an immediate contract opportunity for a Windows Server Operations Specialist (L3)
*Must be onsite in Montreal, QC*
*12 month+ contract*
The Windows Server Operations group provides a stable, yet agile and dynamic infrastructure platform to support the business functional requirements whilst managing associated risks. Working with the team allows for exposure to stability, security and production engineering of a large global environment of 10000+ Windows Servers and 60+ Net Scalers.
We integrate and interact with regional and global colleagues to drive change through identifying areas for process improvement, automation and scripting wherever possible. We are looking for a Level 3 Server Operations Specialist to maintain technology infrastructure, providing operational stability by following and using the tools, policies, processes and procedures available. You will also be involved in numerous project based activities aiming to expand and enhance the services provided within the environment. You will work with us to evaluate, discuss, listen to and re-think ideas to move forward in a productive manner - providing constructive feedback when necessary.
• Responding to L2 escalations.
• Resolving incidents impacting hosts or environment.
• Creating, reviewing, maintaining and updating documentation.
• Working with global colleagues to provide globally consistent processes and procedures.
• Investigating & troubleshooting root causes via problem management
• Escalating and liaising with additional internal/external groups when required, resulting in satisfactory resolution.
• Facilitating knowledge amongst colleagues.
• Planning and controlled execution of releases into the managed environment.
• Working with engineering groups to deliver value to customers.
• Providing input into Business Continuity Planning and Practices.
• Participating in an on call rotation, this is cycled between over 10 people at present.
• Assisting in major environment events such as power down and disaster recovery.
• Experience in supporting Windows Operating Systems including Windows Server 2008R2, 2012R2 and 2016
• Experience in deploying, migrating and supporting one or more of Citrix products (e.g. Citrix NetScaler, Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop) or Microsoft technologies on a large scale environment (e.g. Active Directory, System Center Suite including Operations Manager, Configuration Manager and Orchestrator, WSUS, Failover Clustering Client-R, Client-N, Printing)
• Understanding of Performance Analysis and Troubleshooting tools (e.g. Sysinternals Tools, PerfMon, Splunk, ExtraHop, etc.)
• Good understanding of Network layers
• Good communication skills in English and the ability to effectively communicate with technical / non-technical personnel
• Scripting skills (PowerShell preferably)
Any of the below:
• Understanding of Cloud technologies including Microsoft Systems Center and Azure.
Working knowledge of security and threat management principles
• Clustering and Storage Management technologies
• Understanding of hypervisor virtualization technologies such as VMWare ESX and Microsoft Hyper-V
• Experience with client management products (e.g. IBM Bigfix, Microsoft System Center, Tanium, Chef)
• Knowledge of threat management principles
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.