Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Lab B Technician
Description: B-Tech Lab
The position supports operations by providing precise and accurate sample measurements for the purpose of QC/QA testing with a strong safety mindset and behavior. The B-Tech will work with raw material, in-process and final product specifications, follow documented procedures and use standard lab techniques to take analytical measurements. Continuous improvement through statistical analysis of data and operational excellence tools will complement the activities within the job progression as you gain in depth knowledge of the chemistries and products manufactured at the Client Zachary site.
• Analyzing and reporting of raw materials, in-process, and finished goods samples in conjunction with monitoring plant operations through analytical results.
• The Lab Tech is part of the Emergency response team. The Lab Tech will administer basic first aid to plant personnel as needed.
• Establish proficiency in data management systems such as LIMS, SAP, and PIMS; for purposes, such as COA generation, quality release, and analysis reporting.
• Monitor and review instrument controls by use of routine instrument checks through calibration, verification, and/or validation.
• Effectively conduct shift relief (if applicable).
• Maintain sample retain program and equipment standards.
• Create, modify, and validate work procedures and ensure documentation of lab activities; inclusive of logbooks, databases, check sheets, worksheets, etc.
• Support Quality Systems such as ISO, cGMP, RCMS, and NCM.
• Provide maintenance support by identification of maintenance needs and providing trouble shooting information prior to maintenance.
• Active participation in EHS initiatives and compliance; including adherence to established safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures.
• Perform other job duties as assigned.
This is a high paced work environment where there is daily interaction with team members within the department and operations. Direct oversight by the Laboratory Team Leader or A-Tech will assist in prioritization, training needs, and development.
It is expected that the person will analyze data, document results accurately, and understand the chemistries and tools utilized within the laboratory.
There is limited external customer contact. They will need to build internal relationships and supplier relationships for trouble shooting, supplies, continuous improvement, safety initiatives, etc.
This is a 12-hour rotating shift position.
Minimum: B.S. Degree and/or 12 or more hours in college chemistry or a High School diploma/GED with a minimum of 2 years chemical laboratory experience.
Client recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation
Prefer: B.S. Chemistry degree. 1-3 Years of practical laboratory experience.
In addition to technical skills, the ideal candidate will possess an aptitude for the following competencies: Organizing / time management drive for results, conflict management, learning on the fly, and action oriented.
This position is a non-exempt position which pays overtime. Relocation nor travel expenses or not reimbursable.
ypical analyses include: GC, TOC, viscosity, pH, density, colorimetry, Karl Fischer water analysis, IC, and ICP. Experience with these is preferred. Please have candidates list lab instruments / techniques they are competent in on their resumes.
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.