Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Hours: (10am to 6:30pm).
1. State the primary function or overall purpose of your position.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, this position is responsible for mounting and basic wiring of components with standard layouts/options, performs sub-assembly functions, and developing enhanced wiring skills under the direction of a more experienced Assembler.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Limit yourself to 8-12 statements)
2. List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
• Read, interpret, and follow basic schematics, drawings and bills of material
• Operate hand tools, torque drivers, and pneumatic tools
• Perform repetitive line assembly and wiring operations on standard electrical assemblies or sub-assemblies
• Efficiently pick necessary components and materials for assembly
• Handle, lift and move material/inventory from stock location to assembly area
• Maintain understanding and control of inventory
• Use and understand computer programs and features
• Operate certified equipment after appropriate training
• Operate as a team player, effectively communicating and working with others
• Maintain and support a safe, clean work environment by complying with all Client safety standards
• Facilitate ongoing continuous improvement in support of quality, productivity and growth objectives
• Communicate daily with production supervisor
• May be asked to perform other duties and responsibilities as necessary
3. Record any measurable statistics which your position impacts such as production expenses, maintenance expenses, sales volumes, payroll costs, capital expenditures, research budgets, cost of purchases, value of inventories controlled, employees supervised (direct and indirect).
• Safety – Drive a Zero-Incident Safety Culture by demonstrating safe work practices, identifying potential safety risks and making recommendations to decrease hazards and remedy unsafe conditions
• Quality - Demonstrate a commitment toward meeting plant quality objectives and behaviors focused on meeting or exceeding customer expectations and requirements.
• Customer Service (Delivery) – Achieve and maintain required customer service levels
• Productivity (Cost) – Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting or exceeding productivity goals by focusing on meeting required production targets set forth
4. Describe any specialized knowledge or skill (e.g., technical, scientific, administrative, managerial) which your position requires.
• High school diploma or equivalent is required
• Candidate must be legally authorized to work in the Client States without company sponsorship
• Previous electrical or electro-mechanical experience (Large scale assembly experience is preferred)
• Previous plumbing or HVAC experience
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists, using reasoning and decision making skills to ensure quality work.
• Demonstrates enthusiasm, takes initiative, and works with a sense of urgency to meet or exceed routing times and quality goals.
• Demonstrates learning agility and the ability to understand basic schematics and manufacturing drawings. Must have basic computer, math and reading skills.
• Must have solid time and change management skills to meet production demands
• Ability to regularly communicate and work with a team where the purpose of contact is to provide and/or receive information, explanation, or interpretation of information.
5. Describe all other aspects of your position that you feel are important and which have not been adequately covered (i.e. unique problems encountered, special freedom to take action, critical outside contacts, exceptional working conditions etc.)
• Moderate supervision and inspection of work. Errors can be difficult to detect but are generally easy to resolve.
• Problems are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation. Problems are solved using knowledge and skills, and general precedents and practices.
• No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius will be considered for this position.
6. Describe any physical requirements which your position requires.
• Must be able to lift and manipulate up to 35 pounds on a frequent basis
• Must be able to lift and handle up to 50 pounds using team lifting techniques on an occasional basis
• Must be able to work for 7 to 9 hours per day without sitting
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.