Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Software Developer II
Client is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to work on a number of exciting projects that will have a very positive impact on the client's business.
You will be responsible for programing a feature and or a small feature set. You will contribute to the team and works with direction from the Senior Team Members or management but works independently.
In this role you will:
• Act as a member of the Software Center of Excellence, representing the face of high quality design and development practices
• Develop high performing, scaling and innovative end-to-end web applications
• Collaborate with system engineers, frontend developers and software developers to implement solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
• Writes codes that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Build features such as web services and Queries on existing tables
• Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
• Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using language of choice
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in Software Development
• Client Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed.
• Hands-on experience in web services (REST, SOAP, WSDL etc.), using Apache Commons Suite & Maven, SQL Database such as Oracle MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.
• Hands-on experience in utilizing Spring Framework (Core, MVC, Integration and Data)
Experience with Big Data (DataStax) / Hadoop and NoSQL Database is a big plus
• Experience with rules engines (Camel, Drools, JRules) & modern tooling (Gradle, Maven, Git, SVN)
• Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Has the ability to make basic technology choices based on experience
• Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
• Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence
• Recognizes collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities
• Learns organization vision statement and decision making framework. Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision
• Demonstrate the ability to help team members
• Seeks to understand problems thoroughly before implementing solutions. Asks questions to clarify requirements when ambiguities are present
• Identifies opportunities for innovation and offers new ideas. Takes the initiative to experiment with new
• Adapts to new environments and changing requirements. Pivots quickly as needed. When coached, responds to need & seeks info from other sources
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.