Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Technical Product Manager
Lachine, QC, Canada
TEMP TO PERM
Must have: DOMAIN KNOWLEDGE and experience with BUILDING AUTOMATION
Preferred background in BUILDING and ENERGY MANAGEMENT SECTOR
You will operate in lock-step with product management to create a clear strategic direction for build needs, and convey that vision to the service's scrum team. You will direct the team with a clear and descriptive set of requirements captured as stories and partner with the team to determine what can be delivered through balancing the need for new features, defects, and technical debt. Your priority is seamless integration and alignment of perspectives from a broad set of stakeholders: Product Managers, Technical Anchors, Service Owners and Developers.
In this role, you will:
• Be regarded as an expert in Agile Methodology; translate unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work units through problem decomposition and planning
• Demonstrate superior persuasion and influencing skills that ensure alignment between customer, product manager and engineering team
• Influence the Development Team through coaching the team, helping the team to create high-value products, removing impediments to the team's progress, facilitating Scrum events
• Coach the organization in Agile Methodology: lead the organization in its Scrum adoption, plan Scrum implementations within the organization, help employees and stakeholders understand and enact Scrum and empirical product development, cause change that increases the productivity of the Scrum Team, and work with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization.
• Prioritize continuously in accordance with the understanding and validation of customer problems and needs
• Demonstrate expert level skill in problem decomposition and ability to navigate through ambiguity
• Partner with the Product Owner to ensure healthy development process
• Demonstrate excelling business acumen, knows latest industry trends and is looked at as an internal expert on the product as well as the associated competitive landscape
• Mentor junior team members
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 8 years of professional experience OR Master's degree with 6 years of experience OR PhD with 3 years of experience
• Client Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed
• Experience leading teams in a formal software development lifecycle environment following a formal project management and governance process
• Familiarity with waterfall and iterative software implementation approaches (Agile, XP, DSDM, Lean and FDD)
• Experience working in Agile engineering environment & Expert proficiency in tools supporting SDLC such as Jira, Rally etc.
• Familiarity with versatile implementation options, including Java, Node.js, Go, Python.
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Demonstrates knowledge on technical topics, such as caching, APIs, data transfer, scalability, and security
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
• Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes " support for ideas
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
• Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
• Able to work under minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.