Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
11 Month Contract
Travel - approximately 25% within the three manufacturing sites. Other travel as needed to support project requirements.
The Research and Development Technician is responsible for performing experimental work requests at the lab, pilot, and plant scale to support R&D process and product innovation projects. Able to complete or develop capability to complete a wide variety of lab and pilot scale process simulations and the corresponding analytical characterization with little or no supervision to expand the current level of process and product technology. Contribute to the development of new products and processing technology and provide technical support to the existing product lines. Increase or develop knowledge and understanding of products, testing methods, applications, installation techniques, and markets. Support the development of new products and processes during plant trials at the three manufacturing sites in Georgia
• Perform a wide variety of Lab and Pilot process simulations in timely and accurate manner in order to expand the current level of process and product technology.
• Complete a wide range of physical, analytical, and performance product testing, for legacy and proprietary materials and processes.
• Work on the lab and pilot scale development of new testing procedures as required for project assignments.
• Support Manufacturing trials at production sites to support project progress. Document their work for all phases of trials as needed to coordinate efforts with the appropriate engineer or specialist to maximize "get it right the first time”. 24 hr shift coverage required as needed to successfully support plant trial execution.
• Identify quality and productivity improvements and communicate findings, ideas and problem solving approach.
• Prepare samples using lab and pilot plant equipment for process simulations
• Communicate technical information, within and outside of R&D, through reports, spreadsheets and memos as needed.
• Perform technology demonstrations and/or field evaluations with limited guidance.
• Keep accurate and precise records of data and observations in project files within electronic lab notebook and secure databases. Upload all documentation into ELN for record retention.
• Implement and ensure adherence to 5S program.
• Perform all work with a "Zero Incident Mindset”. Wear proper matrix prescribed PPE at all times. Follow company established Safety, Health and Environmental policies and procedures.
• Address EHS requirements at client and other sites meeting the standards for ZIM. Proactively raise the standard for EHS at all sites, for all projects.
• Immediately reports unsafe acts or conditions to his/her supervisor and takes immediate interim steps to avoid serious risk.
• Maintain good attendance record and report to assigned job station in a timely manner.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Applicable lab experience or a combination of operations and laboratory experience required in catalyst and minerals processing industry is desirable.
• Ability to perform or develop capability to perform standard characterization and unit operations (both lab and pilot plant) associated with catalyst and powder processing.
• Basic understanding of test methods and/or product applications.
• General computer skills related to e-mail, word processing, spreadsheets and process control systems.
• Abide by the client code of conduct.
• Able to identify trends and anomalies in data.
• Able to generate reports and memos.
• Able to coordinate efforts to ensure timely completion of routine and complex projects.
• Able to understands personal strengths/limitations and can express own opinions and ideas openly.
• Able to alter normal procedures to fit specific situations to get a job done.
• Able to work constructively with others.
• Able to deliver and receive unwelcome messages with tact and discretion.
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.