Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Sr. Project Manager
San Diego, CA
12 Month Contract
This Sr. PM role needs to have experience in implementation of Salesforce.com projects. And perhaps more of a focus on IT projects
The Project Manager works with business leaders and subject matter experts to understand the business and technical project objectives for business change initiatives. The Project Manager leads the projects through building effective relationships with business leaders, subject matter experts, project stakeholders and the project team. The Project Manager drives the delivery of the project through applying industry best-practice project management techniques and methodologies appropriate for the objectives of the project. The Project Manager balances the demands of multiple small/medium projects ($100K - $500K) or 1-2 larger projects ($500K - $1M).
• Participates with program managers, EPMO leadership, project sponsors and stakeholders to support defining project objectives and business case.
• Leads full life cycle project delivery for multiple small/medium projects or a larger project.
• Takes ownership for delivering project objectives and deliverables. Drives project execution to meet project schedule, cost and quality requirements.
• Manages internal and external customer relationships to realize high customer satisfaction for their projects.
• Implements company and industry best practice project methodology for delivering their projects.
• Ensures project compliance to project management standard, company quality requirements and functional quality standards (e.g. FDA, SOX).
• Stakeholder Relationship – demonstrated ability to identify key project stakeholders and understand their goals and motivations for the project. Adept at building stakeholder confidence that the project is meeting their needs through positive relationship management.
• Leadership Presence - capable of building a leadership presence that inspires project stakeholders and team members to achieve the project objectives. Proactive in driving creative resolutions to project issues and risk.
• Team Building - experienced building cross functional teams in multiple geographies and diverse cultural backgrounds. Effective in creating a positive working environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Driven to enable the project team to surface and resolve issues that affect project delivery.
• Business Acumen – understanding of the business drivers for their functional discipline that influence project success. Solid business judgement to help drive decision making to reduce project risk and achieve project results.
• Attention to detail – adept at maintaining detailed task planning, action item/issue tracking and cost performance tracking.
Skills and Knowledge:
Project Management Methodology:
• Knowledgeable in project management industry best practices.
• Demonstrated experience driving projects from initiation through closure.
• In depth understanding of the detailed project planning processes and tools. Skilled in establishing detailed scope, schedule and budget using standard project tools (MS Project/SharePoint/etc.).
• Experienced establishing Stakeholder management plans, Risk/issue management plans, Vendor management plans and Quality plans.
• Experienced establishing and following controls to manage scope change and reporting project schedule/budget performance.
• Proactive in surfacing risks and issues. Ability to engage project team and stakeholder community to resolve issues and define risk mitigations. Effective in developing clear problem statements and resolution options for escalation to project sponsors and management.
• Clear understanding of the processes to define and validate acceptance criteria for the project to ensure project completion acceptance.
Business Change Management:
• Understands the dynamics of implementing change in the business environment. Experienced helping the business team plan and drive change into their organization.
• General knowledge of the techniques for designing changes to business processes impacted by the project.
• Understanding how education, training and communications drive the effectiveness of the solution. Experienced working with business team members to ensure effective delivery to the impacted organizations.
• Excellent English language verbal and written communications skills to interact with executives, business leaders and team members.
• Ability to lead effective meetings. Experienced creating meeting objectives and agendas. Ability to manage meeting discussions to achieve meeting objectives and timeline. Experienced in the techniques to work in a virtual/cross cultural meeting environment
• Excellent time management skills. Able to work on multiple concurrent activities. Able to prioritize personal workload and team work load to optimize project delivery.
• 5+ years overall project management experience.
• 2+ years' experience leading projects requiring business change.
• BS in Business Administration/Computer Sciences/Engineering or related degree that supports strong PM skills.
• Up to 20% travel.
Preferred Qualifications, not required:
• PMP, or PgPM PMI Certification or equivalent
• MS or MBA preferred.
• Project Management specialization course or training
• Life Science and/or Health Care company experience.
• LSS Black Belt, Green Belt or similar experience.
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.