Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Operations Manager/Supervisor II
1 Year Contract
Responsible for day-to-day operations within assigned manufacturing area, including maintaining production schedules to support business demands, identifying and driving process improvement initiatives, and supporting talent development programs, while maintaining a high level of safety, quality, efficiencies and regulatory compliance. Works with team members to establish department goals and objectives and identify appropriate measurements and track progress in each area. This position will lead and facilitate process improvement teams and manage the technical issues which may impact production. Collaborate on the identifications and implementation of capital project(s) which support process improvement and advanced manufacturing capabilities. The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible to collaborate with Supply Chain Partners (i.e. Production Planning, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, etc) in order to deliver safe, reliable, high Quality products for our patients, at a reasonable cost.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for overall capacity planning, scheduling and manufacturing of existing and newly developed products in areas of assignment in compliance with all regulatory and QSR requirements in a cost effective manner and in accordance with planned budget.
• Responsible for pro-active people management and talent development. Sets the standards for performance assessment and feedback, effective communication, promoting positive morale and supporting employee involvement programs.
• Responsible for Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability performance to standards.
• Develops corrective actions for non-conformance issues identified by internal and external audits.
• Fosters a team environment within the department, Business Unit/Value Stream and across the broader Manufacturing Site.
• Ensures timely and quality delivery to both internal and external customers and has accountability for meeting objectives and taking an active role in project improvement activities, (ie., Lean and Process Excellence Initiatives, quality, cell development, new equipment start-ups, new product launch production plans).
• Maintains and improves quality standards, resolves technical related issues and improves manufacturing procedures, processes, monitoring and measurement systems.
• Conducts sound root cause investigations to address quality and scrap issues and develop effective corrective actions for non-conformance issues identified by the quality system.
• Maintain the maintenance of all production machinery by coordinating these functions as necessary with Facilities, Maintenance and Engineering departments.
• Reviews and signs process sheets for accuracy and correctness
• Ensures preventative maintenance is conducted on a regular basis
• Works closely with Engineering and Planning functions to forecast machinery, material and equipment needed to meet requirements of new and existing products. Works with Engineering to develop appropriate set up and Client out of equipment and cleanliness of general work areas.
• Promote and nurture the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and compliance, and actively support our compliance program-related initiatives and activities.
• Knowledgeable and compliant with laws and policies that apply to one's job, and diligently participates in compliance programs.
• Consistently enforce employee compliance, including attendance at training programs, and promptly report any non-compliance in accordance with Business Code of Conduct.
• Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• University/Bachelors Degree.
• Minimum of four (4) years of experience in manufacturing or related operations is required. Two (2) years of lead or direct Supervision experience preferred.
• Experience within a GMP and/or ISO regulated manufacturing environment is required; ISO9001 or ISO13485 is preferred.
• Experience with Client process, CAPA and other quality system components is preferred
• Basic understanding and working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma/Process Excellence Tools is required. Lean Six/Sigma Training and/or Certification are preferred.
• General knowledge regarding capacity planning including ERP and Manufacturing Processing Systems (MPS) is preferred.
• Demonstrated experience with revising site documentation to improve operations (logbooks, process sheets, work instructions, training guides, etc)
• Must have PC knowledge with experience using Windows and Microsoft Office software
• Demonstrated leadership capabilities to drive talent development
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
• Demonstrated strong project management skills are required; the ability to lead and facilitate project improvements.
• Ability to effectively communicate and interface with all departments and levels of management.
• Talent Mindset.
• Based on site specific business needs:
o Experience with clean room environment (ISO class 7 and 8)
o Prior experience working in a union-manufacturing environment may be preferred based on site.
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.