Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Global financial firm located in Montreal, QC has an immediate contract opportunity for a Software Developer (Java)
*Must be onsite in Montreal, QC*
*12 month+ contract*
Institutional Securities Technology (IST) develops and oversees the overall technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the Institutional businesses and enterprise-wide functions. Our clients include Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research and Global Capital Markets as well as Operations, HR and Corporate Services.
We are seeking a Software Developer to join Brokerage to assist with building solutions and providing services to our Institutional Securities, Fixed Income E-Trading STP Technology team. The ideal candidate has: strong Java, experience in large scale real-time systems, deep knowledge of data structures and algorithms, problem solving skills, and good communication skills. The candidate will be responsible for taking part in various stages of the delivery and software development process including activities like analysis, design, implementation, testing, and deployment of strategic and tactical solutions for execution strategies, improving scalability, performance and efficiency of the strategies.
The candidate is a software developer with a minimum of 10 years of experience in programming, preferably in distributed or server-side systems. Interest in or working experience in the financial services industry is required. The candidate will be expected to take an active role in the design, development, testing and delivery of functional and strategic changes in our e-trading solution for Fixed Income trade flow systems, specifically in the Corporate (Investment Grade and High Yield) and Municipal bonds businesses. The role may also involve interaction with business users, operations or support teams and therefore, requires the ability to communicate clearly and concisely. This is a developer position, not a management position; the candidate will be expected to code and deliver software as their primary responsibility. We do expect the candidate will demonstrate significant interest in Investment Banking.
• Strong Java skills with 10+ years of experience writing production code
• Core Java knowledge - Spring Framework, Patterns, Collections, Garbage Collection
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interest in the financial business (albeit no prior knowledge is required)
• Proficiency with Unix/Linux
• Proficiency with at least one Enterprise level database (ex. Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2) and SQL
• Knowledge and working experience on agile software development practices (Scrum, Kanban)
• Experience working with an IDE (ex.IntelliJ or Eclipse IDE)
• Unit testing and unit testing frameworks
• Experience with Java 8 and XML
• Experience developing client-server, distributed, real-time, performance-critical, highly available, or large-scale systems
• Experience working with Source Code Management solutions (ex. Git, Perforce, CVS)
• Computer science fundamentals (Client/server, multi-threading, memory management)
• Knowledge of financial technologies (ex. FIX, FpML, Swift protocol) and business applications
• Continuous integration environment (ex. Jenkins)
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.