Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Global Financial Firm located in Jersey City, NJ has an immediate contract opportunity for an experienced BA/PM
Sr. Business Analyst/Project Manager
Securities Reference Data is required. BA/PM experience with Securities Reference Data system projects, implementations or operational/data quality processes around such systems.
Securities Reference Data systems are usually dealing with storing data models or structures representing financial securities indicative data.
Candidate must have strong SQL and Excel experience
Organization & Department Overview
Integration and Process BA team is responsible for ensuring that securities and pricing domain data, i.e. Country, Currency, Exchange information etc., is monitored and remediated. This may involve analyzing multiple data sets manually or engineering automated solutions. Domain data is critical to the reference data processing and product and pricing data must be available, accurate, and complete for global financial markets.
• Manage implementation and support plan around Integration projects.
• Create project documentation, as required, prepare PTS-W engagement forms, Feature lists for each iteration, report status of Milestone deliverables & maintain delivery and testing sign offs .
• Prepare status reports for working groups, steering committee and executives.
• Create a communication plan around projects to ensure stakeholders have complete transparency around deliverables
• Perform Data analysis to confirm data coverage based on client requirements
• Independently query data from multiple relational databases for analysis
• Work closely with IT and Operations partners to identify area which require monitoring and create business as usual (BAU) processes to satisfy the requirement
• Create Specifications for Reports that are required by Operational staff to manage data.
• Provide support for Integrations and client migrations for platforms.
• Engineer repeatable processes for integrations.
• Monitor securities data platforms to identify exceptions
• Remediate exceptions by writing procedures for Operations to remediate various scenarios.
• Engineer repeatable operational processes which can be used to ensure data quality
• Work with technology teams over the weekend to perform releases.
• College degree, specialized training or equivalent work experience
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects involving multiple technology and business stakeholder teams
• Demonstrated experience in Project Management and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
• Strong analytical skills and writing skills, to include solid experience in writing functional and technical specifications, including system and data flows, solution proposals, implementation roadmaps.
• Result oriented, self-motivated and capable of learning quickly on the job
• Data Oriented with an excellent attention to detail
• Experience/understanding of business process reengineering and business modeling concepts, business systems development and analysis
• Must possess good communication skills with the ability to be assertive
• Strong teamwork skills in a small local setting, as well as across different geographic locations
• Ability to focus on high quality work while under pressure
• Proficiency writing SQL queries is required.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office, Visio and PSQL
• Experience working closely with IT Project managers and development teams
• Strong background in reference data with a focus on securities and pricing
• Knowledge of Financial Regulatory Reporting space and background supporting major Regulatory Reporting projects
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.