Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Sr. Graphic Designer
San Diego, CA
We're building a culture that fosters creativity, experience and growth. We're looking for a proactive self-starter who is obsessive about good design, but more importantly, who loves to create alongside other people who are passionate about what they do. The Senior Graphic Designer will work directly with the Creative Services team to concept, design, develop and implement all print, digital or video related marketing materials and communications that support and reinforce the clients master brand. The Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for leading projects from a corporate level to the business unit level, as well as supporting the global campaign, The Difference of One. A strong aesthetic sense; highly organized with excellent attention to detail is a must. He/she provides leadership in the design and production of multichannel campaign materials to meet established business objectives and results. The SGD executes creative concepts within brand guidelines ensuring consistency and brand adherence. This role must exhibit expert design skills in achieving the highest quality standards appropriate for all assigned projects and tasks. The SGD must exhibit basic knowledge of clients' business challenges to execute design requests as defined by the client.
• Bachelor's degree required; preferably in Graphic Design or related field
• Minimum of five-seven years professional-level experience required in creative/graphic design within an external or in-house agency preferably in healthcare or high tech
• Portfolio required
• Adobe InDesign Certification a plus
• Expert in Adobe Suite with leading presentation skills
Understanding of marketing/branding concepts. Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills; able to work in a cross-functional team environment. Proven problem solving, organizational and project management skills. Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Motivated, resourceful, adaptive, works well in high-pressure, short-deadline environment. Excellent creative thinking/problem solving ability. Ability to handle multiple critical projects simultaneously.
Understands who our customers are, how they are motivated and the current and future business challenges they face. Demonstrates a strong bias toward service, quality and customer satisfaction.
Identifies a meaningful goal and captures the imagination of others to achieve it. Empowers others, builds confidence and demonstrates a positive and energizing style. Is able to manage through ambiguity and uncertainty.
Takes a collaborative approach by openly discussing issues in a way that brings out the best thinking, attitude and performance in others. Works effectively and productively with shared responsibilities.
Willing to explore new possibilities and approach issues differently. Focuses on a desire to achieve a goal rather than a fear of failure.
Stays the course from start to finish. Does not confuse effort with results. Separates what is important from what is not.
Has an uncomplicated and uncompromising understanding of right from wrong, both publicly and privately. Values a fair playing field for everyone, and demonstrates courage of conviction for what they believe.
Anticipates future trends and directional shifts in the relevant marketplace, industry and environment. Able to construct meaningful competitive strategies for addressing the knowns and unknowns of future business scenarios.
Is other-oriented rather than focused on self. Listens effectively and communicates ideas and opinions clearly. Is assertive while showing respect and positive regard for others. Demonstrates an appreciation for people with different backgrounds and points of view.
Attention to Detail:
Pays attention to all details of a project and ensures they meet the requirements.
Writes and speaks effectively and is able to clearly communicate with peers, leadership team and clients.
• States opinions clearly and can verbally describe visual concepts
• Provides open and honest feedback to supporting team members with the goal of striving to be the best
• Respectfully questions direction from the AD to help clarify strategies or fill information gaps
• Does not create an adverse (us vs. them) mentality regarding client/creative points of view
• Eager to share designs with team early in the process to gain alignment on execution strategy
Strategic Thinking and Analysis:
Leverages data and trends in the competitive landscape to inform the design process.
• Reviews the briefs ensuring he/she fully understand the objectives
• Is pragmatic with creative executions always keeping eye on the objectives of the assignment
• Listens well and incorporates others' viewpoints into the design process
Supports and demonstrates corporate brand knowledge.
• Is an ambassador for the marketing department objectives and point of view on corporate brand and its visual identity
Quality of Work:
Maintains high quality standards despite pressing deadlines and always strives to do work right the first time.
• Embraces the notion every project is an opportunity to make an impact
• Seeks appropriate support from other designers to help develop assets for specific projects
• Executes design requests with accuracy, producing zero errors in work (all client edits are implemented correctly, spell check was run, specs were adhered to)
• Supports peers by reviewing work to ensure zero errors in work per above
Takes personal responsibility and accountability for their work.
• Always meets deadlines under normal circumstances
• Willing to "roll up sleeves” and work after hours as needed
Helps solve problems before they negatively impact the project, team or processes.
• Adapts well to changing priorities, deadlines and directions
• Provides potential solutions when presenting challenges to leadership
• Willing to take action when well informed
• Creative at problem solving and proactively offers to help
• Eager to jump in and help others in challenging situations even if out of their comfort zone
What you'll do:
• Present well-developed and strategic creative solutions to meet all project objectives
• Develop, design and execute all print-related marketing materials while staying within the visual system
• Provide design support for assigned client group(s), as well as projects from other clients as demand and scheduling requires
• Primary design contact on campaigns assigned; work directly with account team as dictated by the scope of the project
• Collaborate with Art Director and copywriters to ensure a cohesive relationship between copy and design
• Conceptualize, plan and design solutions per creative brief and/or project specifications on projects
• Produce original designs, based on limited direction
• Recommend, research and develop imagery to support creative strategy and execution
• Provide design direction to designers on projects as needed
• Work with the production artists to produce the final creative assets; ensure accuracy, attention to detail, and meet or exceed the design objectives
• Ensure brand guidelines and directives are embraced and adhered to in all executions
• Partner with the AD and account team to achieve effective and efficient outcomes
• Engage with the AD in account/client meetings when applicable
• Respond to requests and communications in a timely and thorough manner
• Work to improve the team's overall performance and embrace a collaborative approach
• Mentor designers and production artists by offering support and counsel on various aspects of their role; also supports onboarding of new team members
• Support leadership in helping to build a unified team mindset
• Maintain awareness of new technology and trends in printing techniques to ensure the best possible solution for our clients
• Engage in professional development to continuously grow in your profession and remain competitive with outside services
• Assist in planning and art directing video and photo shoots
• Assist in image retouching
• Lead designers on the team as assigned to develop and design visual communication materials that support the brand strategy and external vendors
• Review first and final drafts from the designers
• Facilitate and train external vendors to stay within brand
• Consistently research, identify and share current industry design trends and competitive reviews as they relate to the brand
• Able to work collaboratively while being agile
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.