Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Takes on several components of a project or a complex component of a project. Utilizes specialized knowledge to complete non-routine tasks. Troubleshoots problems and recommends appropriate action. Incumbent handles most problems and issues independently and determines course of action for ambiguous issues. Normally receives minimal instructions on non-routine work assignments and only general instructions on new or more complex assignments. Decisions are made independently. Assigned multiple projects are generally reviewed after completion. Contact is typically coordinative in nature and involves exchanging detailed technical information. May deal with both internal and external contacts. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of engineering principles, of job-relatedfunctional area, of telecommunications technology and the business. B.S. degree in technical area. 5-7 years of experience
Load Balancer Engineer
- 3-5 years experience with F5 and A10 load balancers, including configuration, troubleshooting, software upgrades, testing new features/software, and creating MOPs. Note: Most projects will be with F5, therefore more experience with F5 is required.
- F5 hardware experience and knowledge needed on the following platforms/virtual:
Physical hardware: 10200, 2400, and 10350. Most of these devices use vCMP functionality. BIG IQ 7000 (F5 management tool)
Virtual: BIG IQ VE, BIG IP VE Good and Better options for LTM, GTM/DNS, and FW. We are doing a lot of projects in VCP for BIG IP LTM, GTM/DNS and FW.
Management tool: BIG IQ
- A10 hardware experience:
Physical hardware: TH5430, TH3030, AX3000.
Virtual: We don't have A10 in VCP environment yet but might start testing in 2018.
Management tool: There is a Horizon management tool we are also looking to test.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- Experience with F5 BIG IQ management tool and REST API.
- Heavy experience with VCP - Openstack environments and instantiating virtual F5 LTM, GTM/DNS and FW
- Heavy experience with creating Heat, YAML, and Ansible templates to instantiate virtual machines in Openstack environment.
- Experience with orchestration in VCP environment.
- Some programming ability to create scripts in Bash and Phython (but not limited to these languages.). This will be mainly to help automation upgrade steps (pre/post checks), audits on configurations, and other future automation.
Types of Projects:
- Projects will be more focused on working with application, design, and other MTCE teams to configure and test load balancers in application flow. For most projects they will need to help create documentation/MOPs for load balancer (or GTM or FW) configuration and support the FOA (first office application - maintenance window).
- VCP configuration and testing. This will be most of the projects since many applications are starting to test and migrate to VCP.
- Hardware projects: We are not installing any new hardware. However, there will be some lab projects to make configuration changes or upgrade existing hardware.
- Testing new software or patch releases, which includes creating MOPs and supporting FOA for software rollout.
- Other types of projects will be lab support for configurations and testing, working with NNO engineering teams for projects on BIG IQ or other management tools.
Best to use bullet points and same basic format as the previous section.
This section would describe the "perfect candidate". These skills are not required to perform the role, but would be helpful and in some cases could supersede a missing "must have" skill.
Please indicate whether education and/or certifications are required or desired.
8am - 5pm Local
Some night or weekend work may be required
Apply by creating/using account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.